Discuss My garden project in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
i was thinking of building -one !!! but one with a completely new way of approaching it instead of traditional ,( it would make millions if you could build a really cheap in-ground pool for the common people ......

Isn't that a pond Dave?

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Looking good Bri,been doing mine lately .this is how it started and this is what it looks like now after 7 ton of hardcore,3 cube of concrete ,2 pack of block,2 packs of brick and the wife on my case !
avu6eva2.jpg
dejajy3u.jpg
genedasy.jpg
ahusu7u3.jpg
y5y8ahah.jpg
a2ype8y5.jpg

lost a bit of momento now though with the bad weather and busy at work

I

Ian

So 2 and a half years on, the wall isn't finished! However, the extension I've been threatening to do is out of the ground so, it'll all be getting done in one big job. I'd like to think we'll be somewhere near by summer time.
image.jpeg

W

White Room

Double Mark, an extra 60 m2 in total, we needed more room and this was way cheaper than moving. I'm trying to project manage a fair bit of it as well as working! It's quite stressful at times!

Breaking through can be a dirty part of the work....

I

Ian

Breaking through can be a dirty part of the work....
Doing a full rewire in the house as well when the shell is up, that is the bit I'm pulling my hair out about, it's going to be a nightmare. I think moving out for a few weeks might be a good idea! Every utility is being relocated as well, water, gas, electric, BT line, moving the boiler! If I can get through that lot it'll be fine.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Doing a full rewire in the house as well when the shell is up, that is the bit I'm pulling my hair out about, it's going to be a nightmare. I think moving out for a few weeks might be a good idea! Every utility is being relocated as well, water, gas, electric, BT line, moving the boiler! If I can get through that lot it'll be fine.

Have you chosen any tiles yet Bri? :rolleyes:

I

Ian

Have you chosen any tiles yet Bri? :rolleyes:
Yep! Silver travertine for the ensuite walls and I'm actually going to have karndean on the floor downstairs, we're not having UFH and believe it or not, I actually prefer karndean/amtico to tiles on a floor.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Yep! Silver travertine for the ensuite walls and I'm actually going to have karndean on the floor downstairs, we're not having UFH and believe it or not, I actually prefer karndean/amtico to tiles on a floor.

We have Amtico in our hallway and I love it

IMG_1168.JPG

Reply to My garden project in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks