Discuss My garden project in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

I

Ian

This will no doubt turn into a very long thread, as I'm determined I'm going to do the whole lot myself. I'll start with a picture from about 12 months ago. I was attempting to clean my very leaky garage roof and the inevitable happened, I fell through it! Rather than repair it, which would have been costly as it was falling down, I just decided to demolish it and buy a pre-fab to put in its place. The bricks matched the house so I cleaned them all up with the intention of erecting a new wall around the drive and garden to create a bit of privacy and security, I have finally got round to starting the wall and the next couple of pics are progress after 3 days.
7a5y8ymy.jpg

u4a4yjaz.jpg

yjehynyn.jpg

After the wall is done I'm putting a patio behind it as that's where the evening sun shines. Where the patio currently is will be lawned and have the young ones swings and trampoline on.

u6yjujeb.jpg

emyzygej.jpg

equgygeg.jpg

ry4enaje.jpg

D

Dougs Third Go

looks like a good on going project Bri :), my garden looked like Beirut when we moved in but a fair bit of hard graft and I've nearly got it to how I want it now. Just need to wait for hens to kick the bucket and kids to stop using their trampo so I can finish top right hand side of back garden.

I

Ian

I'm glad I've kept the bricks Doug, reckon I've saved at least a grand as they are imperial. Not sure whether to reuse the slabs or not. I'll see if I can find some pics of the garden when we moved in 2 years ago, it was like a jungle!

I

Ian

You jammy bugger, I can only dream....

The whole house/garden/garages were a wreck when we bought it, it's taken some time (and money!) to get it all sorted but, we're getting there. It was a bargain though for a corner plot, so some work was to be expected.

W

White Room

Could do yourself a utility room next to the house and put you in the very good books with the misses :thumbsup:

D

Dougs Third Go

just after we first moved in, I'd already cleared out a load of shrubs

2607_1102136666704_236307_n.jpg

when I started setting out for my lawn and patio
2607_1102136746706_6136038_n.jpg

when I got my decking done, I did the lawn from seed, since this pic I've done away with the path up the right hand side of lawn and grassed that too
228186_1898670699557_7993796_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I

Ian

Another 150 or so bricks laid today, I've had to start being a bit choosy with my bricks as they are like B&Q tiles, the sizes are all over the place! Coming along nicely though.
zuzagehe.jpg

Reply to My garden project in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks