Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Mosaic/Art courses with Mosaic Girl & Saad in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Saad (Master of Micro Mosaics) and I are planning to run some mosaic and/or art courses together in England between Oct 23rd - November 15th. If you are interested, would you please let me know and what area you would like the course to happen. :hurray:

OP
T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

I know it will in the future Dave, I was the least artistic person on the course, but with practice, the techniques I picked up will definitely broaden my horizons, and with guidance from Gisela and Saad, if they don't mind the odd email from me, asking for help or advice:thumbsup:

OP
U

user123

Oh, wow, Phil, what lovely comments! Thank you!!! It was great to meet you, Saad and I really loved having your company at the course, you did amazing work so quickly into the lesson, and like John very very quick on the uptake, I think the experienced tiler's eye for cuts and direction is very useful for all dimensional work, in mosaics and otherwise. I could feel ideas tumbling about in your mind how you may want to apply your new found additional repertoire, really nice.

Saad was buzzing afterwards, he really enjoyed himself and was so impressed with everybody. And John, how quick was he, too, happy as a pig in muck and that eye of his was amazing, he was having a ball wasn't he, and the banter was great fun, too! A pleasure to meet you both, the next course will be in Alexandria, ...we'll keep you posted! :)

PS: our journey back to Scarbrough should have taken us three hours and took us closer to 5.... serious holdups, too, but, yes, worth it. Thanks for being there, Phil and John :thumbsup:

PPS: will post/send pictures as soon as possible, no worries... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
U

user123

Stoke-on-Trent Oct 2010 017.jpg Stoke-on-Trent Oct 2010 028.jpg Stoke-on-Trent Oct 2010 020.jpg Stoke-on-Trent Oct 2010 001.jpg Stoke-on-Trent Oct 2010 018.jpg Stoke-on-Trent Oct 2010 015.jpg Stoke-on-Trent Oct 2010 019.jpg Stoke-on-Trent Oct 2010 014.jpg Stoke-on-Trent Oct 2010 021.jpg Stoke-on-Trent Oct 2010 010.jpg November 3rd 2010 003copy.jpg Stoke-on-Trent Oct 2010 024.jpg IMGA0006-1.JPG

Course photos.... Mikethetile could not make the Colchester course after all, so these are just from Stoke-on-Trent. Timeless John and Phil Hobson's paper mosaic eyes, aren't they amazing?? It was really good to meet them both, both very talented people, and that photo with the little micromosaic portrait was a gift from Saad, just thought I'd show you guys... :)

OP
D

doug boardley

the pic with Phil and Saad take me back to my art class days, working out perspective from an eye level. Great pics G:thumbsup:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like a busy day there! Well done G for pulling it all off! A very very unique course there. :D

Well done to all.

We'll be seeing some more of this on tile jobs soon then will we?! JOTM will be nuts one day! All art :lol:

OP
U

user123

Looks like a busy day there! Well done G for pulling it all off! A very very unique course there. :D

Well done to all.

We'll be seeing some more of this on tile jobs soon then will we?! JOTM will be nuts one day! All art :lol:

Thanks Dan :) Tiles could be used in so many more exciting ways.... Phil and John were buzzing.... watch this space.... :lol:

OP
T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Dave, don't let Saad enter jotm. He will win every month for years to come.:lol::thumbsup:

OP
U

user123

I agree, Phil, that could become quite irritating... :lol: he does normal tile, too you know.... :smilewinkgrin:

OP
U

user123

I know... :-( we were gutted you missed it, too, Mike.... but if you can come to Alexandria, Egypt, beginning of April next year, Saad and I will be doing a course there, again!! :hurray: Arrival in Alexandria, three days mosaic course, 2 days seeing the sights in Cairo, three more days mosaic course, 2 days seeing the sights in Alexandria, return home from Alexandria airport. Hotel accomodation (or perhaps self-contained holiday flat accomodation - Saad will organise the best possible places) as well as pick=up fromt he airport all inlcuded in the price, how about that then... :) :thumbsup:

Also, before long I will teach a similar curriculum, too, in the UK, so will keep you all posted, for now I have a new commission to work on... :)

OP
F

faithhealer

So glad it all came together gisela, nice pics too even with those tile chappies in them lol

OP
S

SRFredrick

Saad (Master of Micro Mosaics) and I are planning to run some mosaic and/or art courses together in England between Oct 23rd - November 15th. If you are interested, would you please let me know and what area you would like the course to happen. :hurray:
Yes please! can you let me know when you firm up on the dates, costs etc and I will try to fit it in. Scarborough would be fine for me too!

Simon:thumbsup:

Reply to Mosaic/Art courses with Mosaic Girl & Saad in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
chris14498
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock