Discuss Mitre Wiz in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

J Sid

you'll have to let us know how it goes.
local lad has just got one and not tried it yet. He is very concerned that it will chip the tile face because you have to pull it with blade cutting up though biscuit to face as opposed to if you (me) did it free hand the cut is down though face then biscuit.

O

Old Mod

you'll have to let us know how it goes.
local lad has just got one and not tried it yet. He is very concerned that it will chip the tile face because you have to pull it with blade cutting up though biscuit to face as opposed to if you (me) did it free hand the cut is down though face then biscuit.
How's it mounted then julian. Looking at an image earlier, I thought it was travelling in right direction. I'll have to check now haha

O

One Day

I've had a go with Sigma's version.
Not cheap because it is WAY more effective than the mitre wiz.

It really does work very well on porcelain and the new version takes any grinder, not just the Bosch.

Wishiwasatoptiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
The problem with the mitre wiz is you need a 100mm grinder and blade. I got one a while back shipped from down under, by the same firm that now owns Homebase. Burnings Warehouse their called. But its in still in its packaging as I can't find a blade to suit 100mm grinder. The grinders can be bought from the likes of machine mart for £60. Shame. :(:mad:

O

Old Mod

The problem with the mitre wiz is you need a 100mm grinder and blade. I got one a while back shipped from down under, by the same firm that now owns Homebase. Burnings Warehouse their called. But its in still in its packaging as I can't find a blade to suit 100mm grinder. The grinders can be bought from the likes of machine mart for £60. Shame. :(:mad:
Montolit squadro 85mm

I

Italy

I've seen the trend now,
always stand by my opinion, I do not understand the usefulness of this tool.
I could be wrong .... but ...
I think that the level of the cut finish, will never be like a scoring wheel.
the risk of breaking it seems higher.
you have to make two passes with grinder? or a single cut?
because more passages, it means lower level of finish.
single pass, for better finish level, but greater risk of breakage.
Explain, I have an open mind about these things.
;)

Rosco100

TF
Arms
Reaction score
IMG_1071.JPG Just bought one of these,Absolutely superb machine

Rosco100

TF
Arms
Reaction score
It makes a great job,Easy to use and connects to my vacuum so no dust,The diamond bits aren't cheap so hope they will last !

O

Old Mod

Well Gary and I bought the first one that came in the uk a year ago, but we wanted it for thin tiles.
At the time we were unaware that they did different grade profile wheels. Grrr
so we struggled and shelved it.
I've had a wheel on order now since mid December and stil waiting.
It's currently in bits in the workshop, awaiting the parts.
How many passes does it take to get the finish you want?

Reply to Mitre Wiz in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks