Discuss Mitre Wiz in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

Mitre Wiz

Hi GaryC,

I like the mitred edge...I think it looks stylish and is more practical than trim. I'm actually working on an invention which will make cutting mitred edges a whole lot simpler. It's called the Mitre Wiz and it attaches to any grinder. You simply run it along the edge of a tile and it cuts a perfect 45 degree angle. It's a much simpler and safer way to mitre cut a tile.

Please don't confuse this for spam, this is not an advertisement...the product is not for sale...it's an idea I have been working on for many years with my Father who is a professional tiler and I would be keen to see what professional and DIY tilers think of it. Here is a short 40 second video of the tool in action:

Thank you, any feedback would be much appreciated.

Troy
Mitre Wiz

P.S Good luck with your job garyc - i would go for mitred edges - they don't show the wear and tear like trims and they look great - but then again, i might be a little bias. :smilewinkgrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DHTiling

Re: Tile trim or mitre cutting

Looks like a handy add on.. the video makes it sound so easy but we know it isn't that easy but it will deffo help...

If i had one i would use it over the wetsaw but only with the use of the correct blade.. you could do with stating this , as normal type blades ( continuous rim) will only cut certain materials and some only cut wet.. so the use of a suitable dry cutting blade is required.

judge

TF
Arms
Reaction score

seems like a handy little tool for the toolbox.obviously depending on the price :smilewinkgrin:

T

The D

now i like that. i use my 4" grinder for mitred edges and i think i would use that depending on the price.

P

paul damian

Looks a handy bit of kit, when you say not for sale are you just waiting on orders.

Y

Yorkshire Tiling Services

Hi GaryC,

I like the mitred edge...I think it looks stylish and is more practical than trim. I'm actually working on an invention which will make cutting mitred edges a whole lot simpler. It's called the Mitre Wiz and it attaches to any grinder. You simply run it along the edge of a tile and it cuts a perfect 45 degree angle. It's a much simpler and safer way to mitre cut a tile.

Please don't confuse this for spam, this is not an advertisement...the product is not for sale...it's an idea I have been working on for many years with my Father who is a professional tiler and I would be keen to see what professional and DIY tilers think of it. Here is a short 40 second video of the tool in action:

MITRE WIZ - A SIMPLE WAY TO MITRE A TILE! - YouTube

Thank you, any feedback would be much appreciated.

Troy
Mitre Wiz

P.S Good luck with your job garyc - i would go for mitred edges - they don't show the wear and tear like trims and they look great - but then again, i might be a little bias. :smilewinkgrin:

I would like the "Mitre Wiz" if it would make me some money... £££
Just of to my bedroom to invent the "polish wiz"
Natural stone edges do not have to be highly polished, but some degree of polishing looks fine.

P.S idea looks good, hope you can sell it... do not take my comments too seriously.
just a personal preference

T

The D

I would like the "Mitre Wiz" if it would make me some money... £££
Just of to my bedroom to invent the "polish wiz"
Natural stone edges do not have to be highly polished, but some degree of polishing looks fine.

P.S idea looks good, hope you can sell it... do not take my comments too seriously.
just a personal preference

I think that bit of kit would make you some money if you could see further than the end of your nose.

A

Aston

its a good add on!! i have a dewalt hand wet saw with a base plate that can angle to do mitres, so in theory, your angle grinder attachment/invention is the base plate! a very simple but effective device. they say the best inventions are simple ;0) best of luck with it. if it were £20 id buy it.

tommyzooom

TF
Arms
Reaction score
That looks interesting,
A few points I would like to bring up,
In the video it appears you are cutting ceramic tiles, how would this work with much harder porcelain tiles or fagile stone, These would normally need to be cut "wet"
The blade facing up looks to me slightly dangerous.Surely if it is so good you could cut face down and cut "blind"
Dry cutting will create lots of dust and grit, this will land on the fence and be dragged along the face of the tile, possibly damaging highly polished finishes. This could be reduced by having grooves on the fence or perforations?
Just a few ideas/worries, please see it as constructive critisism, and good luck

S

Spud

congratulations it looks great! one simple improvement could be a dust extraction nozzle to attach to a hoover, I would buy one definately if it were under £40

T

tfs

Good idea mate would make hand mitres much faster!

I would buy one of those if the price was right too

U

user123

Neat idea, similar to a router add-on used for woodwork. Patent pending, does that mean you've gone through loads of expense with patent agents etc and are still waiting? Good luck! :thumbsup:

M

Mitre Wiz

Hello,
Patents have been a long expensive process however its all coming together now just need the right distributors to get the Mitre Wiz in all good retailers all over the world.

P

Peter

What's it made from?

Looks like a good idea but just wondering if it would ever pass a safety test the way the blade is pointing upward.

Reply to Mitre Wiz in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks