Discuss Maximum size mosaics to avoid envelope cut? in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

Stuart

Hi,
I'm going to be installing a 1200x900 Kaskade wetroom former, and overboard the floor with 6mm No More Ply (as per their recommendations).

Ideally I'd like to avoid the envelope cut needed with larger format tiles. But how big can I go with mosaics before I'd need diagonal cuts?

I've seen 25mm stated in some places, one place implies 50mm mosaics are ok and one other place says that anything less than 100mm can be used without diagonal cuts, but I'm not sure I believe that!

What's your experience?

B

Bill

When we used to build our own using sand and cement we often used 6x6 Versatile, so the size all depends on your fall rate to and where the drain point is if you want to minimise the use of envelope cuts.

D

Dumbo

I have done 125 x125 no problem. As job done says most trays have a minimum point loading and having spoken to the likes of marmox inthe past they used to say 50mmx 50mm minimum Tile size

S

Stuart

Most foam core trays have a minimum size due to point loads so best to check
The Kaskade is GRP, doesn't need underboarding so not worried about minimum size, I want to go as large as possible without diagonal cuts.
It's a 1200x900 tray with a centre square waste. So sounds like I'd be fairly safe with 50mm mosaics then?

B

Bill

The Kaskade is GRP, doesn't need underboarding so not worried about minimum size, I want to go as large as possible without diagonal cuts.
It's a 1200x900 tray with a centre square waste. So sounds like I'd be fairly safe with 50mm mosaics then?
Or you could get an artist to paint full tiles on the GRP former...........

Reply to Maximum size mosaics to avoid envelope cut? in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks