Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Marcrist STC185 wet and dry cutter in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

B

Blunt Tool

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi anyone got one of these and is it any good? Was thinking of purchasing from Protiler, decent price just now! Sounds a good option for me to have as haven't the room in van for large radial saws.

OP
O

Old Mod

I have this Ian.

Rubi TC180 Circular Hand Saw 110v 50949D | Buy Rubi Wet Saws Online from Pro Tiler Tools - http://www.*******************/rubi-wet-saws/45403/rubi-tc180-circular-hand-saw-110v-50949d

OP
B

Blunt Tool

I have this Ian.

Rubi TC180 Circular Hand Saw 110v 50949D | Buy Rubi Wet Saws Online from Pro Tiler Tools - http://www.*******************/rubi-wet-saws/45403/rubi-tc180-circular-hand-saw-110v-50949d
Yes nice, but the Marcrist one on offer at over ÂŁ100.00 cheaper just now, and I do like a bargain :)

OP
B

Blunt Tool

No, no, absolutely right mate!
I don't actually know anyone with the marcrist.
Do you use the Rubi guide rails or there is Bosch ones which are a lot cheaper? Not a tool I am going to set up and use everyday day but handy to have when customer surprises me with tiles the size of the side of a shed :(

OP
B

Blunt Tool

Ye I have one. Brilliant. Mitres unlike the rubi. I'm close to you if you want to check it out before you buy.
Yes it does seem a good bit of kit and protiler offering it with 2 blades, what kind of rails do you use with it? The Bosch ones look pretty good?

OP
S

Spud

Only runs on the bosch rails. Due to a square slot.
Andy I have a marcrist hand held saw and think it's crap I bought the rail clamps too ,tried mitring porcelain with it and it was shocking chipped the tiles badly and cut into the guide rail when the blade wandered off ,sits in my garage in the why the hell did I buy that section love to know what I am doing wrong with it any tips would be appreciated

OP
A

AndY mac

Hi Gary. I found if you pushed it to hard and fast it did chip. Take it slow with good water flow and it cuts clean and straight. Used it recently again on aparici glass topped no problems. I keep meaning to get a bore reducer and try and get a viper blade or similar on it. To try dry cutting.

OP
S

Spud

Cheers Andy I need to buy a new rail as my one has a chewed up edge I was thinking it was the blade to be honest as I have had trouble with the marcrist said blades in the past I will see if I can get something else to fit it

OP
P

Pro Tiler Tools

Hi Gary. I found if you pushed it to hard and fast it did chip. Take it slow with good water flow and it cuts clean and straight. Used it recently again on aparici glass topped no problems. I keep meaning to get a bore reducer and try and get a viper blade or similar on it. To try dry cutting.
What bore reducer do you need i will get one sent out for you :)

OP
P

Pro Tiler Tools

Andy I have a marcrist hand held saw and think it's crap I bought the rail clamps too ,tried mitring porcelain with it and it was shocking chipped the tiles badly and cut into the guide rail when the blade wandered off ,sits in my garage in the why the hell did I buy that section love to know what I am doing wrong with it any tips would be appreciated
Morning Gary, do you know which blade you have in the machine? and when you say cut into the rail did it hit the metal or just the rubber? :)

Sam

OP
S

Spud

Morning Gary, do you know which blade you have in the machine? and when you say cut into the rail did it hit the metal or just the rubber? :)

Sam
It's a marcrist turbo porcelain blade came with the machine both the aluminium and rubber got chewed when I tried to mitre with it

Reply to Marcrist STC185 wet and dry cutter in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock