Discuss Marcrist PG850 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
This is deffo one of my favourite tools and repeatedly puts a smile on my face :smilewinkgrin::smilewinkgrin:

Does anyone else use this kit and have the same opinion?

C

caliperkid

it's fantastic very pricey but well worth it fly's through all grade 5 porcelain:hurray:

D

Deleted member 1779

At £49.99 (£7.15 a drill) our set is great value for money

If you were to buy the kit described in this thread then you would spend

£436.01* to get the 6mm the 8mm a single 16mnm a single 30mm and a single 40mm

*Source tradetiler.

As well as the initial set up costs of £436.01 to use the system you also have to connect up a continuous water feed. This is obviously additional effort as well as restrictive.

sponge4.jpg

Our kits can be cooled with a simple wet sponge which everyone has access to and has the additional advantage of
1) Eliminating dust exposure for the installer.
2) Containing the dust reducing the time to clear up.

Three other things to to consider

1) We have the largest collection of sizes (37 sizes to be exact) compared to 13.
2) We have the biggest tile drill sizes. 85mm 90mm 95mm 100mm 105mm 110mm 115mm 120mm 125mm which are NOT available
3) If your investment was stolen (hope it never happens - but it does) then it will cost you £872.02 because you have to replace it.

As a consumer you have the right to make your own purchases but we think we have the best solution !

lauren17.jpg

And we have the best staff !

M

marke

are they as good as their rep makes out ? he collard me in tg builders the other day . priced up replacement for my wet cutter £118 :yikes: but if they are good i suppose thats a good price

Reaction score
They're not cheap - I'll give you that - But put it this way I've had my PG850 kit now for about 3 and a half years and never had to replace any of the bits :thumbsup:

I have added sizes to my collection though and at about 45 quids (19mm) a pop its just as well they last :hurray: And they fly through porcelain without any chipping whatsoever :smilewinkgrin:

What I most certainly DO NOT want to do is steal any thunder from or disrespect 365 Drills, who sponsor this forum, as I know a lot of folk on here swear by them - but I have never had the chance to give them a go as my Marcrists have lasted that long :8:

D

Deleted member 1779

What I most certainly DO NOT want to do is steal any thunder from or disrespect 365 Drills, who sponsor this forum, as I know a lot of folk on here swear by them - but I have never had the chance to give them a go as my Marcrists have lasted that long

If you ever need a special size that they dont provide then of course give us a go.

An example might be a 110mm for a four inch waste pipe (or extract fan) Or even the smaller sizes at say 53mm (2 inch) for LED lighting or press button for a loo pan.

Thanks for not writing us off. We sponsor the forum but we NEVER stop the expression of an opinion - even at the expense of our competitors. The one thing we dont want to do is stifle free comments or opinions - after all its YOUR forum.

110mm.jpg

365Drills can provide the sizes other companies cant.
Take for example this 4 inch (110mm) soil stack or extract fan size.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

peegee tips

I recently invested in the PG850 system & i have to say it is awesome, makes absolute mincemeat of rock hard porcelain that was giving me some serious grief.....12mm of grade 5 on the wall in around 45sec.....top notch!
Bit messy with the water but hey, it does the job perfectly!

Still wouldn't be without the 365 kit too though, good quality & result for the price.

D

derekdickinson

HI I am looking to purchase this set along with a 115mm hole cutter and one of your sponges, can you give me an idea of total cost, and where I can purchase these, I've noticed there are some "bigboy" savings to be had.. Ta Derek.

At £49.99 (£7.15 a drill) our set is great value for money

If you were to buy the kit described in this thread then you would spend

£436.01* to get the 6mm the 8mm a single 16mnm a single 30mm and a single 40mm

*Source tradetiler.

As well as the initial set up costs of £436.01 to use the system you also have to connect up a continuous water feed. This is obviously additional effort as well as restrictive.

sponge4.jpg

Our kits can be cooled with a simple wet sponge which everyone has access to and has the additional advantage of
1) Eliminating dust exposure for the installer.
2) Containing the dust reducing the time to clear up.

Three other things to to consider

1) We have the largest collection of sizes (37 sizes to be exact) compared to 13.
2) We have the biggest tile drill sizes. 85mm 90mm 95mm 100mm 105mm 110mm 115mm 120mm 125mmwhich are NOT available
3) If your investment was stolen (hope it never happens - but it does) then it will cost you £872.02 because you have to replace it.

As a consumer you have the right to make your own purchases but we think we have the best solution !

lauren17.jpg

And we have the best staff !

A

Aston

the marcrist are imo the best and well worth the money..if you look at how many holes they cut for the cost, then they work out very inexpensive long term.

i tend to set a fee for each job to cover their use. it enables me to price lower than a budget set of drills which works out good for the customer and me...

i have 356 drills too and as stated above, their larger diameter hole cutters are great value and do a great job!!

marcrist need to launch a few more sizes imo if thier reading! 365 drills definately have the better staff tho...!

D

Deleted member 1779

Hi yes the large cores are working out at £29.99 with the discount

BIGBOY
!
125g.jpg

large_tile_drill.jpg

If purchased in conjunction with the Bathroom Fitters Kit which retails at £49.99
which is the equivalent of £7.15 per drill.

Yes we carry a comprehensive range of sizes giving you more choice which enables us to pick up a lot of installers who are initially sceptical about our gear and then once tried the majority stay with us.

That code again for the big cores is BIGBOY !

And to get the deal just logon to the main website and type the code into the box when promted on the screens...

Fast Link

B

borgie

you can't get better than Marcrist! They are the best and good value for the money and look good too!

Reply to Marcrist PG850 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks