Discuss Mapei waterproof kit in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

G

GoneGuy

hi all,
Sorry if this question seems silly,
I am going to use mapei waterproof kit from screwfix on a customers bath in 2 days time.
Do I fill the bath with water then apply the joint tape?
Customer is going to prepare the walls with no more ply so will this be OK to use on it?
Thanks in advance for advice

Q

Qwerty

Mapei don't give any advice on this. I always batten around the wall under the bath edge and also glue it so there is virtually zero movement in it prior to tanking.

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
If they have fitted a batten to the walls to suppers the bath and siliconed to this. There is no need to fill. But, if they haven't. I would gill the bath.

G

GoneGuy

The ba
Mapei don't give any advice on this. I always batten around the wall under the bath edge and also glue it so there is virtually zero movement in it prior to tanking.
the bath is already installed and no way of moving it, looks like best advice would be to fill the bath as if I was tiling it.
I might send Mapei an email on advice.
Thanks for the quick respones guys.

S

Stef

The Mapei tape will stretch slightly, I wouldn't bother but it won't do any harm.
Put masking tape round the bath about 10/15mm from the wall & bring your tape & paste down onto this & cut it back at an angle once the tiles have set & it should give you a nice clean finish.

G

GoneGuy

image.png

L

LM

Classi seal really Lee?

Are you a fan of these horrible things?

Me not so much..

Why not? If they're installed correctly they can't be seen at all and guarantee no water will get down the side of the tray or bath.
Why don't you like them?

T

Time's Ran Out

I miss the Cristal bath trim sets . Enough for the whole bath with internal mitres and rounded end beads.
Available in a whole range of coordinating colours but not the one you need.

Reply to Mapei waterproof kit in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alex Carr
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks