Discuss Mapei tile adhesive won't set .... in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
hi guys,

I hope someone could give me an answer regarding the issue I am facing.
I am doing a bathroom refurbishment.

I initially got there to fix a leak, however the walls were soaking wet. I have stripped all out and let it dry via a strong fan and a dehumidifier.
Now, I have plumbed all in and the tiler have put the liquid rubber - tanking / ardex onto the wall. However, he started tiling yesterday and used the mapei flexible adhesive and when we came this morning, it was still not fully dried out. The problem is the bathroom is like a box room and has only a window which has a fan installed the window screen. You cannot open the window to get a draft.

The adhesive just doesn't see to set and dry out. What can we do to make that happening ? What did we do wrong or better the tiler?

Is there anything we could have done better? The problem is there is no draft and it's always very humid and moist.

Kind regrads

Ron

Bond

TF
Arms
Reaction score
hi guys,

I hope someone could give me an answer regarding the issue I am facing.
I am doing a bathroom refurbishment.

I initially got there to fix a leak, however the walls were soaking wet. I have stripped all out and let it dry via a strong fan and a dehumidifier.
Now, I have plumbed all in and the tiler have put the liquid rubber - tanking / ardex onto the wall. However, he started tiling yesterday and used the mapei flexible adhesive and when we came this morning, it was still not fully dried out. The problem is the bathroom is like a box room and has only a window which has a fan installed the window screen. You cannot open the window to get a draft.

The adhesive just doesn't see to set and dry out. What can we do to make that happening ? What did we do wrong or better the tiler?

Is there anything we could have done better? The problem is there is no draft and it's always very humid and moist.

Kind regrads

Ron
Heat to evaporate moisture,dehumidifier to remove it. Even though it is a very damp environment, the adhesive should have set. Others more knowledgeable in such things will no doubt be along to offer ,advise. You say your tiler used Mapei adhesive, was it standard set. What type of tiles did you instal. Presumably you haven't grouted yet.

T

Time's Ran Out

If they are porcelain tiles there is no where for the moisture to go, it will take longer to dry.

T

Time's Ran Out

IMG_0273.PNG
It says porcelain - not many ceramic at 600 as they bend.

Reply to Mapei tile adhesive won't set .... in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
andymtl24
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks