Discuss Mapei Keracolor temps. in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Fraser Tiling

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Hello guys, tiled an exterior step shortly before Christmas, and need to get back to grout it asap.
Its only a small 5m 600x300 porcelain with 3mm gap.
I know the recommended temps are +10°, but will be nowhere near it over the next couple of days, when I've planned to do it.
The jobs over an hours drive away, so not a quick job.
Don't want the grout to fail, but is the min temp 10° overkill, would it cure ok at 5?
Not ideal I know, but could drag on for months.

J

J Sid

I would be looking at using Ardex Flex FL, its rapid , good colour range and use down to 5c.
don't know the spec on your mapei grout

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Well we haven't been above -1 during the day and it's been -4 at night for 2 days now, and I wouldn't take the risk personally.

Mapei UK Marketing

TF
Esteemed
Esteemed
Reaction score
Hello guys, tiled an exterior step shortly before Christmas, and need to get back to grout it asap.
Its only a small 5m 600x300 porcelain with 3mm gap.
I know the recommended temps are +10°, but will be nowhere near it over the next couple of days, when I've planned to do it.
The jobs over an hours drive away, so not a quick job.
Don't want the grout to fail, but is the min temp 10° overkill, would it cure ok at 5?
Not ideal I know, but could drag on for months.

Mapei UCP for me. Can be used down to 5 deg and is quite fast drying.

Hi there, Ultracolor Plus can be applied from 5 degrees Centigrade and has the advantage of being rapid curing. However care should be taken to ensure that the temperature will not dip below 5 degrees as this could affect the accelerants in the grout. That is to say grout in the morning for the best chance of maintaining temperature. If you're still unsure our technical Services Team are always available to offer product or application advice directly on 0121 508 6970 (ext. 2). Hope that helps.

Reply to Mapei Keracolor temps. in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks