Discuss Manchester Bombing - RIP in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
yes i woke at 5am with the news this morning, horrible news, first thing i did was text my ex wife and asked her if she could give my girls a massive cuddle from when when theyd woke up.......see, as they are now of an age (11 nearly) where they have started to goto gigs i started to feel really annoyed.

some scary stuff out there guys.

wayne

TF
Reaction score
My wife and two little kids were there. Wife wanted to leave early but kids insisted on staying a bit. Just as they got to the doors into the foyer the bomb went off. Seconds earlier leaving and they would have been in the blast. Thoughts go out to all involved. I've never been as scared in my whole life for them. Managed to get them in a hotel and picked them up this morning. I've now got a 9 year old terrified in case it happens again. Utter scumbags the lot of them

Mark Frost

TF
Esteemed
Esteemed
Reaction score
My wife and two little kids were there. Wife wanted to leave early but kids insisted on staying a bit. Just as they got to the doors into the foyer the bomb went off. Seconds earlier leaving and they would have been in the blast. Thoughts go out to all involved. I've never been as scared in my whole life for them. Managed to get them in a hotel and picked them up this morning. I've now got a 9 year old terrified in case it happens again. Utter scumbags the lot of them
Thoughts with you and everyone x

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I thought the odds must mean somebody would know somebody but didn't think it'd be a family member of a forum guy.

Hope you get through it quick matey. Send our regards.

wayne

TF
Reaction score
Cheers lads,just put them all to bed but don't think it's hit home with the wife yet. They've seen things no one should ever have to but it pales into insignificance with other families who's loved ones never returned home. Normally not bothered but I think someone was definitely looking down on them last night. Just hope customers are understanding when I tell them all jobs are delayed a week while I look after my family

AD Ceramics

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score

Feel that Wayne, my 14 year old daughter was at the concert with her best friend and seems that she was near the foyer area from her description when she eventually got home, they had to run through smoke by the sounds of it, her friends sister and mum went to collect them and was walking into the entrance when she said for some reason she just stopped and walked back down the steps and wait outside, very lucky.
My daughter won't talk about it much to be fair, they had a minutes silence at the school later in the week and she broke down crying, the school have been excellent with the 5 kids that was at the concert bringing a counsellor in to speak with them individually which I think has been a help to my girl, I just can't stop thinking how different things could have been on Tuesday morning for our family to the point that it make me feel sick.
It's hard to believe kids could be targeted like this, even on my site the mood has been very low all week, it's affected everybody.

wayne

TF
Reaction score
School have been real good with my eldest daughter and the school police officer has had a chat with her and my wife. The one thing with kids is they're resilient so generally bounce back fairly quick. Finally got the car back Saturday afternoon as well. Very eerie walking round the car park at the arena.

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
Reaction score
So you heard the bomb go off Wayne? cant imagine how that must have felt.
We went the se Phoenix nights live there in 2015 and I remember saying this place would be a target one day.

Reply to Manchester Bombing - RIP in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks