Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Maintenance firm called NPE Maintenance, anybody heard of them? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

OP
D

Dumbo

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Stay well away.
We went to a clothing store in December 2015 to carry out urgent electrical work for their christmas trade. NPE said that they would push through payment for us as we had access equipment and a few quids worth of lights we had to pay for to complete the job. I have been chasing the money ever since, and had every excuse you could imagine, Even when trying to contact them on their 0845 number, you get told a bunch of lies, like the whole finance department is on a training course for the week, management are on endless holidays so unable to sign the cheque.
I even went back to the clothing store, who's head office looked into it and confirmed they were happy with the work that was carried out and NPE got paid, they just never paid us. The last few months they have paid the odd amount towards it, but three weeks ago I got a phone call saying that they were likely to go into administration and would I accept a settlement of 50%. Thought i'd check the web today to see if there was any update, and looks like they are still trading.
Always stay clear of third parties. There may be people on here that trade with some . If they pay you well cherish them but if you were to speak to a large amount of traders I dare say most would say they have problems .

OP
M

Mark Evans

Hi, long time lurker (the advice on this forum has been invaluble) but first time poster. I am an experienced corporate lawyer and would be happy to help to assist (gratis) with courses of action for any instances of non-payment or similar by this outfit.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, long time lurker (the advice on this forum has been invaluble) but first time poster. I am an experienced corporate lawyer and would be happy to help to assist (gratis) with courses of action for any instances of non-payment or similar by this outfit.
Wow that's awesome!

We have shed loads of these firms popping up on all of our forums. If there's a usual course of action to take, perhaps let us know and I'll link to this thread from some of the others to help the other guys out too.

OP
M

Mark Evans

Sure, best course of action pretty much changes depending on circumstances and firmnin question but happy to help where I can (unfortunately I can only offer advice/suggestions in a personal capacity but hopefully can provide some assistance in trying to prevent/minimise instances of this)

OP
G

Gavin Goodson

Sure, best course of action pretty much changes depending on circumstances and firmnin question but happy to help where I can (unfortunately I can only offer advice/suggestions in a personal capacity but hopefully can provide some assistance in trying to prevent/minimise instances of this)
Hi Mark

Unfortunately for me I have done some work for this company and am having a big problem getting paid.
I completed the work satisfactorily in the middle of March.Due to their 30 days after month end payment terms I was supposed to receive payment around the 30th April.

The total amount owed for the work I completed was ÂŁ1,160.00 ...So far they have only paid me ÂŁ 385.00 which was only paid to me last Friday - 3 weeks after my due payment date .

Have you any advice on what action I can take (eg small claims court) to recover the balance of ÂŁ 775.00 they still owe me ?

Any advice will be appreciated as I am getting really frustrated and angry with these people and their excuses.

Thanks

OP
G

Gavin Goodson

I have an update on NPE Maintenance.
Unfortunately I had to resort to small claims court to receive my money.
I have now been paid in full and been contacted by both the MD of the company and another member of staff,both with an explanation as to why the payment was late.
Apparently,NPE has undergone a change in management in the last 2 years and whilst restructuring they got knocked a considerable amount of money from a client which has put them in financial difficulty recently and therefore they have been struggling to pay all contractors.
They seem to be getting through their difficulties now,so,hopefully,will be able to pay their subcontractors as per their payment terms in future.
This is what I have been told,and although I cannot swear this is the truth as to why my payment was late,the 2 people I have spoken to seem genuine and want to build up the business in the right way in future.

OP
R

raylincs

Do not touch them! still awaiting payment after a year although not a really large one, Threatened them with small claims court, contacted them also on twitter, they are trying everything to get out of payment!

OP
R

raylincs

Hi Mark
Any info you could give me would be great in getting my payment from NPE.
Kind regards
Ray

Reply to Maintenance firm called NPE Maintenance, anybody heard of them? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock