Discuss Maintenance firm called NPE Maintenance, anybody heard of them? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

dave l and l

had a phone call today from a property maintenance firm called npe maintenance wanting me to go and fix tiles in a local clothing store
anyone worked for them before ?
anyone worked for a property maintenance before

D

Dumbo

had a phone call today from a property maintenance firm called npe maintenance wanting me to go and fix tiles in a local clothing store
anyone worked for them before ?
anyone worked for a property maintenance before
Bet you won't get your money for 3 months if you get it

D

dave l and l

funnily enough it might by the sounds of it , had a look on internet and found a bunch of electricians talking about this company and other like it, waiting months to get paid or not getting paid at all .
will give this a miss . wast really up for job once i gave it some thought

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Say you take payment up front for things like that. See if they still want you to go.

D

Dumbo

It annoys me of these companies who Set up like the big I am offering tradesmen the crumbs of their tables when they have nothing to offer . Their only ability is to talk themselves into this situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

dave l and l

i have e mailed them saying i will be expecting payment before any work ,
i will let you know what they say

D

Dumbo

Firms like this who pay a month after the month you invoice in them basically use tradesmen to bankroll their business .

D

dave l and l

emailed them last night, telling money up front please. ,, they emailed me today saying that i would have to wait 30 days from end of month. but she would talk to manager and get me paid earlier once job was complete. i ended up saying thanks but no thanks...
how does this business work.,, ? i was wondering if i could just go to clothing company and deal with them directly

D

Dumbo

emailed them last night, telling money up front please. ,, they emailed me today saying that i would have to wait 30 days from end of month. but she would talk to manager and get me paid earlier once job was complete. i ended up saying thanks but no thanks...
how does this business work.,, ? i was wondering if i could just go to clothing company and deal with them directly
Why not try nothing to lose

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Did NPE Maintenance lady ask NPE Maintenance manager and come back to you with anything or have you just left it as to let NPE Maintenance to sort themselves out? 3

D

dave l and l

just left it. when i asked about payment up front the woman basically said do the job and she would speak to manager about getting paid earlier than the thirty days

i just emailed back saying thanks for the opportunity but i would be available at this time to do work

D

dave l and l

i read a few things about them on electricians forum , that was enough to put me of

M

Matt Francis

Stay well away.
We went to a clothing store in December 2015 to carry out urgent electrical work for their christmas trade. NPE said that they would push through payment for us as we had access equipment and a few quids worth of lights we had to pay for to complete the job. I have been chasing the money ever since, and had every excuse you could imagine, Even when trying to contact them on their 0845 number, you get told a bunch of lies, like the whole finance department is on a training course for the week, management are on endless holidays so unable to sign the cheque.
I even went back to the clothing store, who's head office looked into it and confirmed they were happy with the work that was carried out and NPE got paid, they just never paid us. The last few months they have paid the odd amount towards it, but three weeks ago I got a phone call saying that they were likely to go into administration and would I accept a settlement of 50%. Thought i'd check the web today to see if there was any update, and looks like they are still trading.

Reply to Maintenance firm called NPE Maintenance, anybody heard of them? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks