Discuss Low Tech in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

Marvo

Reading the forum threads I notice a lack of discussions on tech products such as apps and software that are trade specific to tiling.

I'm sure many tilers use the general business software for quoting and invoicing etc maybe a GPS app for finding addresses but what apps are widly used or available for use by tilers in the day to day job? Is technology of any benifit to tilers in the course of their daily routine and work?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll be honest and say the most techie tiler will perhaps use a template for invoicing. Some use iPads with pics of their previous work for quoting and showing potential customers etc.

Sparks are leagues ahead when it comes to apps. There are loads available.

I think most developers thing tilers and plasterers and decorators just don't do the internet but they bloody do. Tilers need a lot more help. CAD related stuff would work wonders for tilers because setting out could be done in CAD and perfectly match tile QTY etc. And even show costings for various tile sizes or whatever. There just isn't anything available. It sucks. The tilers would be willing to try it though I think.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I have one that looks like a pint of beer and when you drink it, it disappears from the screen. But after 3 or 4, I still don't feel like romancing the Mrs.

M

Marvo

Don't tilers use programs to give costomers ideas of concept so they can see what their room or even entire house would look like with different tile options and bathroom fitment options when planning a job?

I've seen kitchen fitters who use ArtiCAD to show customers a finished plan and a walk-through concept. You might even get away using a free program like Sketchup which can also give you a walk-through for a house but I'm not sure whether it would be possible to produce sufficient detail in it to showcase different tiling options.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Time's Ran Out

Buy the time the customer has paid the Architect, builder, interior designer, bathroom company, kitchen company, electrician, and plumber , all they are interested in is how much per square metre you are going to charge. For those of us who try to provide a design service every help in giving ideas is always beneficial , but at the end of the day we are just Tilers, there to polish every one else's xxxt!

O

Old Mod

Don't tilers use programs to give costomers ideas of concept so they can see what their room or even entire house would look like with different tile options and bathroom fitment options when planning a job?

I've seen kitchen fitters who use ArtiCAD to show customers a finished plan and a walk-through concept. You might even get away using a free program like Sketchup which can also give you a walk-through for a house but I'm not sure whether it would be possible to produce sufficient detail in it to showcase different tiling options.
Show me where it is and I'll use it! As long as it's Apple friendly then I'd be all for it!

O

Old Mod

I have an app which works as a level, its amazing ;)
Well I've got an app that's aTheodolite, so ner ner! Haha
image.jpg

J

Just Rizzle

got an I pad from my weber rewards points last year the best app is the camera can show the clients what weve done and what we can do for them. but the very best app is a recommendation the jobs yours befor you get there.

Sintra

TF
Reaction score
got an I pad from my weber rewards points last year the best app is the camera can show the clients what weve done and what we can do for them. but the very best app is a recommendation the jobs yours befor you get there.

If you use the camera feature to show clients previous jobs then there's a cracking app called "360 Panorama"

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Stock phones and iPads do panoramic now don't they? They bend and distort the image though so perhaps video is best for it.

Reply to Low Tech in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks