Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss looking a for a qualified tiler with the eye for details in the Tiling Work | Tiling Jobs - Tilers Required area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi all,

I am a plumber and got quite a big bathroom job where I will need a qualified tiler who has got the eye for details.

I am after someone who is willing to take more jobs on and perhaps build a relationship with me for future jobs.

The start date of the bathroom would be September the 5th - 7th. I cannot give the exact room size just yet as we are discussing to take the chimney breast out to make the bathroom bigger. However, the bathroom currently is about 3.5m x 4m it's a rough estimate.

If you are interested PM me and we can arrange an appointment to see the job. There is also another job coming up which is a 3 bedroom property where I install 3 new bathrooms and will also need a good tiler perhaps it will work out and we can then create a good relationship.

Kind regrads,

Ron

Ajax123

TF
Arms
Reaction score
This made me chuckle... sorry no offence intended.... Many tilers are not qualified i any accademic or vocational sense. Many have a very good eye for detail but the ones who dont whether qualified or not are hardly likeky to reply that they are rubbish and dont worry about the details are they?

OP
M
Reaction score
This made me chuckle... sorry no offence intended.... Many tilers are not qualified i any accademic or vocational sense. Many have a very good eye for detail but the ones who dont whether qualified or not are hardly likeky to reply that they are rubbish and dont worry about the details are they?
No worries,

I am just tired of people telling me : I am a tiler for over 20 years and they can't even do a wetroom envelope cut. I was just thinking that I may find someone who's interested in working with me as well as being good in tile. I do not personally need someone who studied tile but somone whose got experience and perhaps he does it daily.

T

Time's Ran Out

I think it's an excellent opportunity for someone with a professional attitude.
To be confident in your own ability and be prepared to work with a tradesman who you hope values similar standards is a match that should be unbeatable.
For you to give a tiler 4/5 weeks notice is exceptional planning for most of us and I'am sure by posting in this forum you will be able to find your team. There is a section for tilers in your area that you can use to check out availability.
I personally have been fortunate through this forum to be connected to another forum member; in south London area, for over 5 years and just today have been offered 2 Victorian jobs and a price for 4 marble bathrooms.
For those posting and those looking this is a very helpful service that is available.
Thanks for posting!

O

One Day

sounds like a good oppty for someone. Personally I've been buddied up with my plumber nearly 10yrs now, and its a great relationship.
Word of warning though: be a bit wary of any responses from forum members who are either new and/or rarely if ever, contribute.
the few times i've used the forum to find good tilers to help me out, i was inundated with responses. Stick with the ones who have taken the time to build a decent reputation.

L

LM

Good tilers are booked solid because we are few and far between. That's not to say don't be carefull, I'm simply pointing out a very important consideration.
How many of the above could accept a job within the next 4/5 weeks?
I'll leave it there!

OP
M
Reaction score
I definitely agree to all above comments. It is the same with plumbing to be fair. It is very hard to find just 1 single plumber which is Honest !!! I have been trying for long time to find the right people but somehow , no luck. Either they are late, over charge, trying to take a Micky out of you, or just lack of knowledge.

i am not a person who gives up but being more careful as you all know in the end it's the reputation and we all cannot afford a bad reputation of your customer.

I thank you all for taking part in the conversation here.

Thanks guys

Thumbs up !!!

T

Time's Ran Out

The job advertised is 4/5 weeks away.
On going work may well be planned as a cooperative and that could be an extended schedule to cater for both trades. The OP could find more than one capable tradesman and be well sorted.
The variety of work I've had this year has really enthused me but I've worked away to keep my contacts, so if you live in the South East or are prepared to travel this may well be a great contact.
As for accepting a job in the next 4/5 weeks even good tilers have some availability, apart from my pools and Victorian work, not many clients will wait so long to have the a job started.
At least with this type of contact you know when he's going to start the job so it will only be a couple of days later that your needed.

OP
M
Reaction score
I am based in east London but my work is all over London. I definitely have quite a few projects scheduled as well as coming up and always on a lookout on some good tradesman. If I had a good tiles which is honest, trustworthy and he does the job to a certain standard they is always work for him. I always keep in touch with the tradesmen which are good and reliable. But as you know it ain't easy nowadays as everyone looks for the quick money. I just keep trying to find the right people and start ck to those.

The jobs I currently have they are based in east London and if someone is local or willing to travel a little that's fine with me.

But cheers for your help mate

OP
M
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am still looking for someone who would like to get a couple of jobs. I'd have 2 bathrooms in September which are a great start to build perhaps a work relationship

Reply to looking a for a qualified tiler with the eye for details in the Tiling Work | Tiling Jobs - Tilers Required area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock