Discuss Lithofin MN Stain-Stop Eco in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I like to use a water based sealer on stone without to high a surface tension , I've mainly used Fila W68 but I am wondering has anyone tried the Lithofin MN Stain-Stop Eco sealer ?... And if so how did you find it worked ?.

S

Spud

It depends on the stone Dave , I think fila w68 is the best sealer I have used for limestone , sandstone and coarse grained stones where I think the stainstop Eco suits marble and polished products better

S

Spud

You will need to use more mn on open pored stones than you would need with fila w68 it performs well but still not as good as the original stainstop mn in my opinion

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
we would not recommend using ECO or W on damp stone, it would not be an issue (still not recommended) , but can compromise the longevity and performance of the product.

W68 yes, states can be used on damp stone, on the tech sheet application; states to be applied to a clean dry surface.

We tend to recommend the stain stop ECO for the more porous stones and the stain stop W for the denser harder stones - granites etc.

it is a great product (as is the w68) (easy for me to say ) but i do use generally now on contracts as safer for client, but also i don't feel grotty after applications.

Reply to Lithofin MN Stain-Stop Eco in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks