Discuss lithofin cement away vrs KF cement residue remover in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

DavieA

TF
Reaction score
Iam wondering if anyone has used lithofin cement away on porcelain tiles indoors?

I only ask as Iam in need of a strong cleaner for removing grey grout haze from black porcelain tile(not polished). It was recommended for me to buy KF cement residue remover but I cant find it locally but one tile merchant does stock cement away. They said the only difference was fues so am thinking it will be fine as long as well ventilated ?

I did try HG cement grout film remover but it hasn't been very effective. Any info is much appreciated.

Thanks

P

Protilers

Iam wondering if anyone has used lithofin cement away on porcelain tiles indoors?

I only ask as Iam in need of a strong cleaner for removing grey grout haze from black porcelain tile(not polished). It was recommended for me to buy KF cement residue remover but I cant find it locally but one tile merchant does stock cement away. They said the only difference was fues so am thinking it will be fine as long as well ventilated ?

I did try HG cement grout film remover but it hasn't been very effective. Any info is much appreciated.

Thanks

forget all that and get Universeal Cement Away dilute it 3-1 and apply......agitate it with a deck brush every 5 mins or so......then neauturalise the floor with Universeal Extreme Clean.

if that dont get it clean nothing will!......and you can contact Universeal direct for a next day delivery (maybe not is Scotland!) I am not sure as I dont work for them......0844 248 0581.....tell them Pro-Tilers sent you!!

hehehhehehehee

P

Protilers

Cheers for the advice Lee.

you are more than welcome.......i use that stuff regularly.....in fact I did a job with it just today!....it works a treat!!!!!.......but DO REMEMBER:

Metals are sensitive to ACID (CEMENT AWAY) and paints are sensitive to ALKALINES (EXTREME CLEAN).....

all the best

DavieA

TF
Reaction score
Yeah I have never used a strong acid cleaner but did read as you mention they dont react well with things like aluminum trim. Possibly a stupid question but whats the best method of using such a cleaner bearing in mind contact with metal? Just dilute with water in a bucket and use a sponge to clean avoiding contact with trim, then buff of and was thinking of washing down after with a normal cleaner.

Again thanks

DavieA

TF
Reaction score
What's the product you use for neutralising the acid? I may just rinse sponge and Orkney each 600x300 tile avoiding the grout.

M

Mark@Fila

Try Fila Deterdek diluted 1:5, This can also be used where there is Stainless Steel Trims etc. There also maybe grout polymers left after an acid clean, if this is the case then use Fila PS87

Reply to lithofin cement away vrs KF cement residue remover in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks