Discuss Limestone damaged by Roll n stroll in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

Scott3252

Hi I am looking for some help and advice on the best way to rectify damage done to a limestone floor by strips of Roll n Stroll, workmen had been carrying out work at the property and put a strip of roll n stroll down the middle of the kitchen floor. This was left down for 4 weeks while work was carried out, on completion of their work and the roll n stroll was removed it left a stripe down the limestone floor, it is faint but still very noticeable, has the roll n stroll removed the surface of the impregnating sealer (the sealer used was FILA MP90 Eco Plus)? or is it a residue from the roll n stroll that has has gone into the stone or still on the surface, client wants to know if the damage can be rectified or if the whole floor (110 sqm) would need stripped and re sealed. Thanks in advance for any help.
20170304_160851.jpg
20170304_160900.jpg
20170304_161439.jpg

Ttt1601

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I'd, pick a spot on a corner or least noticeable area and on a small patch, give it a good scrub clean with warm soapy water then reapply the sealer and see if there is still a difference

J

J Sid

try some Lithofin MN power-clean in an inconspicuous area or maybe some wax off and see if that works but as above Bobs your man
other cleaners available :) (but imho not as good)

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Just Rizzle

you left it down how long 4weeks.
it should be taken up after 7 days max
glue has reacted with surface of stone may have to strip and re seal

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Next time get to travis perkins and some proplex sheeting and cut it in to strips and there's no worry about this happening again ... any body else use proplex or anti nox type stuff for protecting floors or other sensative surfaces ?

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
As above , test one stone in a discreet area with a light alkaline cleaner and a white pad, as above we have power clean or others avalible, if this does not remove this ,I would strip test one stone with a suitable stripping agent we have wax off or fila will have a similar to suit your sealer, hopefully the tiler has left an excess of impregnator on the face and this is being changed, hopefully not sweated and water marked as above

Did the tiles look slightly shiner after he applied the impregnator when you first had it installed?

If you do stripp these tiles out, you will need to leave them -5-7 days or until fully dry to re impregnate

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
You can get lightening/ whitening of excess impregnator or a topical sealer , or worse discolouration/ shadowing within the stone ,which can be iriversable

A

AndY mac

I have heard about this. I know your contractor on this job. Some of that tiles look badly lipped if it does require stripping I would do a diamond cut to improve it.

S

Scott3252

Thanks for the help and advice its much appreciated, going in next Monday to do a test patch, going to first try a white pad and Alkaline cleaner which was my initial thought, and as Bob suggested, see how that turns out, if the result is unsatisfactory then going to advise a full strip and seal.

Reply to Limestone damaged by Roll n stroll in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks