Discuss Life.... in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

W

WetSaw

I'm not normally one for sad stories or sharing those "empowering" sayings that are all over Facebook but just thought I'd share this story. You never know, that mess the Sparky left or the crap the Plasterer blobbed all over the floor may not seem so important.

About 6 weeks ago our neighbours/ friends popped in for a coffee on Sunday morning. My wife mentioned when they left that Paul looked quite unwell. The next day he's in hospital having emergency surgery for pancreatic cancer. 2 weeks later, while having routine tests, his wife Brenda was told by the nurse she wasn't happy with the results and sent her straight to the hospital where she was diagnosed with Leukaemia. This comes after losing one of their sons to cancer last Christmas.
Paul left for the UK last Saturday to continue his treatment and Brenda goes this Saturday. I spent all day with her yesterday at the hospital having her tests.
They've been trying to sell their house but haven't so have had to rent it out.

I don't know what I hope to acheive with this post but I know I've changed since my visit from Mr C.

T

Time's Ran Out

We will all be touched by illness sometime in our lives and it's times like these that put everything into perspective! Just being there is often all we can do to help.
However I'd still get annoyed with the selfish attitude of other tradesmen!

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Good man paul.
One of my best mates wifes got breast cancer, had treatment, came back the year after and she died a few months later at christmas.
Year after he had a little lump removed from his neck, month after he is in hospital getting half his neck and face removed, he had a really shitt few years, they have 2 sons as well.
BUT , theres a happy ending , he re married last year to a lovely women, we all had a superb day , and it was great to see his boys smiling :)
Life sometimes , usually most of the time , deals us a crap hand :(

Wishiwasatoptiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Just shows how crap life can be Paul, but there's always hope, my brother, as he says lives with cancer, but there's more and more drugs and treatments coming online by NICE all the time, he's four years on terminal but due to a number of different treatments he's well and more importantly he's positive. All you can do is be there and be strong for them.
Hope there's good news on the horizon soon for them and you mate.

I

Italy

rubbish....
I did not want to comment otherwise the emotions are too strong for me.
I mentioned once that has happened to me.
I lived almost three months in the hospital with my son, he had an accident during a race in mountain biking, blew the pancreas ....
for 40 days, doctors have tried all possible systems to repair the damage done, without opening. then after 40 days crashed everything, operation, intensive care for 20 days, I saw things that I did not see, in the hospital of my city, there is intensive care for underage kids, teens and children 20/30 between life and death. every night the doctors they never gave a hope. doctors, if they are not 100% sure that all is well, do not give hopes.
wish on anyone what I've seen and experienced, I my son, I brought it to the house alive, some of the ones that I saw not.
in those moments, there is nothing, there is only your son and you do not understand well what is going on, you're helpless, you're in the hands of the doctors.
?, and I I still do not do peace for what happened,
it has been 5 years, every two three days back to those moments, when my son came home, all day I was thinking about what had happened, I threw myself headlong with the work, to be able to not think.
enough talk, because ...................... sorry

A

Aston

A very sad story, my thoughts go out to them.

Life can be short and painful for some but those people who suffer set examples that cause a positive change in others so lets all up our game and make a difference wherever we can while we have the time and the choice.

Reply to Life.... in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
andymtl24
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks