Electric UFH Kickboards - Tile Advice

• Thread starter Paul2468
  • Start date
  • Replies 29
  • Views 5K

Discuss Kickboards in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

P

Paul2468

Hi, i wonder if anyone has had issues with underfloor heating escaping from area by kickboards, where the tile is cut to feet of units?
Thanks in advance

P

Paul2468

No not under units the kitchen was in place before tiling so could only tile to feet of units. So wondered as cable close to an exposed edge heat could be escaping out the side of tile, yes floor is heating up ok, issue is where kickboards are not as warm as rest of floor.

O

Old Mod

Did u see the cable laid into the matting?
Sounds like it hasn't been taken close enough to the edge.
Insulation boards, in an ideal situation, would be laid on a screed to prevent heat being radiated downward.

J

J Sid

As @3_fall said, screed is probably heating up and he's is migrating.
I haven't used this heating system but would have thought a insulation board should have been used.
Measure the screed temperature under the units if you can.

O

Old Mod

And how far away is the cold spot?
Is that what Schluter specify, 75mm
Personally probably would have taken it closer.

Reply to Kickboards in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks