Discuss Kerakoll H40 No Limits in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

W

White Room

I had N&C telling me how good there adhesive is, also the guy tried to tell me that N&C make adhesive for other suppliers o_O

Fraser Tiling

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
I'm using Tenaflex at the moment specced and supplied by tile suppliers Artisan of Devizes. Amazing yield and 4 hour pot life. Lovely to use but expensive by the bag/kg.
Hopefully there will be no performance issues.

D

Dumbo

The company I was subbing to about 8 years ago had a few failures with some adhesive which claimed to be suitable for fixing porcelain.
After the failures, we had all the usual, rep down, mix to wet, mixed to dry, not mixed with electric mixer, old bags.
The tile company had some tested at an independent lab, NOT suitable for fixing porcelain. Adhesive manufacturer gave the tile company a few pallets of a different adhesive and told to keep quiet.
The adhesive that failed was remove from sale, never to be see again.
My point....do we give these companies free rain to test and certify there own products?
Should all new products be independently test to gain the relevant certificate?
Should independence random testing be carried out?
Do we trust a body like the TTA to do this?
What body should be doing the testing?

Lost of questions, any answers?
My local retailer has been saying for years adhesive etc should be independently tested to see if it complies with classification. No we shouldn't trust tta as most of their members on technical advisory panel I am led to believe are techies from adhesive company .

Reply to Kerakoll H40 No Limits in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks