Discuss Kerakoll H40 No Limits in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

I

Italy

found on the internet.
in italy they are withdrawing the product and replace it with new bags.
for me remains the number 1.
adhesive gel, not sand.

The Spanish National Association of Manufacturers and Malte SATE (ANFAPA) filed a complaint with the competent authorities in relation to the adhesive H40 NO LIMITS Kerakoll, because the product "supposedly, and according to tests carried out by a reference laboratory independent, does not meet the performance advertised by the manufacturer, nor complies with the standards required by the class C2 TE S1, shown in standard UNE-EN 12004: 2008 + A1: 2012 on the adhesives for ceramic tiles ".
Kerakoll did not hesitate to defend themselves from the complaint, stating that the report is false and that the laboratory analyzes carried out do not reflect the quality of the product, which in contrast fully meets the standard specified in the standard highlighted.
Following this story, we learn that Kerakoll amended the certification on the new bags of H40 No Limits downloaded in stock, without any communication about. Therefore, we note that the old certification C2 TE S1 was replaced by one C2: how to justify this fact the eyes of customers who bought the product with the old untruthful certification?
We look also to see how it will behave competition, to see if other manufacturers have the same problems with these certifications and if even for them the solution will be modified, without communicating anything to their customers

J

J Sid

The company I was subbing to about 8 years ago had a few failures with some adhesive which claimed to be suitable for fixing porcelain.
After the failures, we had all the usual, rep down, mix to wet, mixed to dry, not mixed with electric mixer, old bags.
The tile company had some tested at an independent lab, NOT suitable for fixing porcelain. Adhesive manufacturer gave the tile company a few pallets of a different adhesive and told to keep quiet.
The adhesive that failed was remove from sale, never to be see again.
My point....do we give these companies free rain to test and certify there own products?
Should all new products be independently test to gain the relevant certificate?
Should independence random testing be carried out?
Do we trust a body like the TTA to do this?
What body should be doing the testing?

Lost of questions, any answers?

I

Italy

the No Limits behavior at work is better than s1.
a tiler these things understand them.
the problem is nolimits be like gel.
(I do not know the ingredients).
and the problem I think are the ingredients that do not correspond to regulations s1

W

White Room

CE numbers only mean that an item has met the requirements the manufacturer has set for the product. Therefore products with this mark have not necessarily been assessed to the same standards as those with EN and UIAA numbers. Items with only CE numbers are not to be used for PPE.

Maillon Rapide is a good example of a manufacturer that has some products which are only tested to CE standards, and others that have met EN standards for connectors.

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

The company I was subbing to about 8 years ago had a few failures with some adhesive which claimed to be suitable for fixing porcelain.
After the failures, we had all the usual, rep down, mix to wet, mixed to dry, not mixed with electric mixer, old bags.
The tile company had some tested at an independent lab, NOT suitable for fixing porcelain. Adhesive manufacturer gave the tile company a few pallets of a different adhesive and told to keep quiet.
The adhesive that failed was remove from sale, never to be see again.
My point....do we give these companies free rain to test and certify there own products?
Should all new products be independently test to gain the relevant certificate?
Should independence random testing be carried out?
Do we trust a body like the TTA to do this?
What body should be doing the testing?

Lost of questions, any answers?
well when at the tta i did bring up the testing of adhesive .and other tile related items .when problems come up so we could give independent .results .well with one member of the board selling bucket adhesive in a major out let with water proof grout and adhesive big words on front of bucket a total lie .but was told if you read the small print on the back it says water resistant .well thats alright then .the tta can you trust them after all they dont see tiling as a trade after all they let it be down graded to a diy job .

O

One Day

Don't pay too much attention to what's written on the bags. if it works then use it. What a shame there's no independent fixers association which could test materials in the real world under real conditions and report back with no corporate bias! oh, hang on, I seem to recall ray and Gary doing just that a few years ago...!

J

J Sid

Self certification of a product is not the way forward.
In other threads on the forum we have an adhesive company claiming a product will stick a certain tile and the tile manufacturers saying no. A very clever person in a adhesive manufacturers lab saying this product, in theory, as I presume no long term field test has been done, will work with a particular tile.
Can this right?
Of course it can! Because there is no over seeing body to regulate any of them is there?
And there is the fact that if you dig deep enough you will find a get out clause in the small print.
Not having a pop at any companies in particular.
If you don't pay to much attention to what's on the bag, why put anything on there at all?
I sure they all work for a week or so, but about 6 months or 6 years down the road?

S

Spud

The CE Mark only means it has been produced to a recognised industry method and it has been approved by a regulator , it doesn't mean that every bag produced is tested ,
All industrial processes and manufacturing processes suffer with faults it is why all factories have quality control departments ,for some reason tile adhesive companies claim their products are 100% fault free which any sensible person would know is impossible my advice if any is pick a brand you trust and stick with it

I

Italy

saw today new h40 no limit bags.
no indication s1 or c2 ect.
written only GEL TECHNOLOGY

M

MTiler

Im working with H40 No Limits at the moment. It was sent over from Spain with all the tiles for the job. Its great stuff. Its not available in the UK but Kerakolls Tenaflex is similar. Sticks like poop to a blanket.

I

Italy

:)

image.jpeg

Reply to Kerakoll H40 No Limits in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks