Discuss Kerakoll Fugalite Eco :) in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

O

Old Mod

It's very coarse and very difficult to strike off smoothly which leaves quite a rough surface, which surely defeats the object of an epoxy if the dirt has somewhere to sit, it reminded me of bal wide joint when doing the walls, quite a task to keep it off the floor. As for the washing off, I washed it 4 times with their liquid in hot water and there's still a greasy residue that I can hopefully get off in the morning when it's set. The biggest issue is how long it takes to set, every wash just pulls a bit more out of the joint and smears the tile face, I used a new sponge for every wash and followed the instructions very carefully. And my final gripe is its 8 times the price of a cement based grout, now that's just outrageous.
Sooooooo ....... Pretty much the opposite experience to Sharon then? :confused:

O

Old Mod

Yep, pretty much, lol! I've calmed down a bit now, I still stand by my review of it though, I can't see what it's purpose is really.
so apart from setting with high degree of hardness, being impervious to water, stains and dirt, also has a high resistance to acids and alkali's
And prevents the growth of mould and bacteria, it has no use at all! :D
wasn't part of the job stone Bri?

I

Ian

so apart from setting with high degree of hardness, being impervious to water, stains and dirt, also has a high resistance to acids and alkali's
And prevents the growth of mould and bacteria, it has no use at all! :D
wasn't part of the job stone Bri?
I'd go down the route of a cement based grout with a protective sealer in the future, it'll cover pretty much anything a domestic situation can throw at it. Yes epoxy has its place, I know that, I was just being flippant :) my issue with this one in particular is its being sold as a user friendly alternative to epoxy, and it really isn't IMO,

O

Old Mod

I'd go down the route of a cement based grout with a protective sealer in the future, it'll cover pretty much anything a domestic situation can throw at it. Yes epoxy has its place, I know that, I was just being flippant :) my issue with this one in particular is its being sold as a user friendly alternative to epoxy, and it really isn't IMO,
I know you were mate, just taking the micky, :p
It's crap when you have high expectations and it falls flat on its face.
Even worse when you have to add hard graft to the equation too! :(

T

Time's Ran Out

It's worth every penny!
You have to be comparing it to an epoxy and it's far better in every respect.

I

Ian

It's worth every penny!
You have to be comparing it to an epoxy and it's far better in every respect.
I think I'd built up very high expectations of it from posts on here and talking to a couple of others who'd used it, I think I was expecting a grout that was similar to cement based just with a bit more washing off, probably hoping for a bit much to be fair :)

M

MTiler

Its the best epoxy Ive worked with. I hate epoxy and have worked with Mapei, Bisazza, Mosaico+ and the Ardex hybrid which was cr@p.
So far I have just used the translucent Fugalite and compared to other translucent epoxies it was easy to clean, as with most you end up with a white residue which is a pig to clean.
Im still sensitive to it, but you cant have everything lol.

The N&C (Nicabond) Starlite epoxy is supposed to be easy to clean but Ive yet to try it, just seen it in a demo.

I

Ian

I went back this morning and (on the advice of the supplier), used the wash neat to remove the film from the surface, it didn't touch it so, I got some HG grout residue remover from the van and wiped it on neat with a Microfibre cloth, left it for a minute or two then buffed off with a dry Microfibre cloth, that worked a treat, cleaned 17m in less than an hour.
I would use this again if I really had to, it's just a case of knowing that the grouting process will take about 4 times as long as using a cement based grout, and another visit will always be necessary to do a final clean once the grout has cured. It was a steep learning curve that has ultimately cost me a bit of time and money but, every day is a school day and we never stop learning.

I

Italy

I hope that you've calculated more time for epoxy grouting ....
Bathroom mosaic 15sqm, I need a day for grouting with epoxy.
but a hard day. without stops, max half an hour break.
normal tiles, usually here, the price for laying tiles and a lump sum for epoxy grouting

Fraser Tiling

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
I see in this months TSJ kerakol now has a wood plank epoxy grout product.
Be interested to find out how it performs as plan to put some wood plank in my own house!

Simons70

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
IMG_2490.JPG IMG_2488.JPG IMG_2485.JPG
It's very coarse and very difficult to strike off smoothly which leaves quite a rough surface, which surely defeats the object of an epoxy if the dirt has somewhere to sit, it reminded me of bal wide joint when doing the walls, quite a task to keep it off the floor. As for the washing off, I washed it 4 times with their liquid in hot water and there's still a greasy residue that I can hopefully get off in the morning when it's set. The biggest issue is how long it takes to set, every wash just pulls a bit more out of the joint and smears the tile face, I used a new sponge for every wash and followed the instructions very carefully. And my final gripe is its 8 times the price of a cement based grout, now that's just outrageous.
I have the same issues but just with white one, hard to fill in,hard to archive the nice finish,but start this morning with antracite and work really fine, easy to apply. Seems the white one have different sand and not work in the same way.

Reply to Kerakoll Fugalite Eco :) in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
po-tay-toes
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks