Discuss Kerakoll Fugalite Eco :) in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

MTiler

It's OK. Smells less than usual and nice and soft to use but i found the oily residue very difficult to get off polished porcelain. Easy to clean off mosaics and anything textured though.

If the polished porc is porous Fugalite should not have been used as it cant be used on anything porous.

I

Italy

Sharon - we used this just a few weeks ago on a mosaic hot tub and with the fuga wash ( which they insisted we use) was so easy to apply and remove . Light years ahead of epoxy groups.
just read the words on the can. to understand, that's light years ahead. ahah Made in italy

I

Italy

The tilers here, they all want keraroll epoxy, I have tried (colored) and I found it more coarse grained,
compared with Bisazza.
yes, the cleaning is very easy, I only used hot water. the seller told me that try to turn yellow with time. I tried it with a 20x120 wood type, quite rough. I also tried a type Mapei, very similar.

I

Ian

This grout has been spec'd on my job next week and the only thing I cant find any info on is, how long after application do I wash off? The tiles are porcelain and there is a tumbled travertine mosaic border if that information helps. Thanks. @MissTiler

T

Time's Ran Out

image.jpeg

This was the tub we mosaiced - ready to be inserted into position,drilled and fitted around. Grout was taken off within 20 mins of squeegee on with white pad and their 'wash' . A great epoxy grout.

M

MTiler

This grout has been spec'd on my job next week and the only thing I cant find any info on is, how long after application do I wash off? The tiles are porcelain and there is a tumbled travertine mosaic border if that information helps. Thanks. @MissTiler

As soon as youve applied the tub clean it off. I didnt need to use white emulsifying pads. I was using the translucent grout with glitter, perhaps the coloured grouts might need white pads in the cleaning process.I just used a half decent sponge and sponge cloths. A capful of Wash goes in water to clean it. When its dry use the Soap to clean of any residue. I couldnt believe how easy it was to clean. I used it on these mirror mosaics and there wasnt any smudging after washing it down.
Still need to wear Nitrile gloves etc.with it.

Sorry just realised Ive already posted this pic :)

main bathrm grouted2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I

Ian

It's very coarse and very difficult to strike off smoothly which leaves quite a rough surface, which surely defeats the object of an epoxy if the dirt has somewhere to sit, it reminded me of bal wide joint when doing the walls, quite a task to keep it off the floor. As for the washing off, I washed it 4 times with their liquid in hot water and there's still a greasy residue that I can hopefully get off in the morning when it's set. The biggest issue is how long it takes to set, every wash just pulls a bit more out of the joint and smears the tile face, I used a new sponge for every wash and followed the instructions very carefully. And my final gripe is its 8 times the price of a cement based grout, now that's just outrageous.

I

Italy

It's very coarse and very difficult to strike off smoothly which leaves quite a rough surface, which surely defeats the object of an epoxy if the dirt has somewhere to sit, it reminded me of bal wide joint when doing the walls, quite a task to keep it off the floor. As for the washing off, I washed it 4 times with their liquid in hot water and there's still a greasy residue that I can hopefully get off in the morning when it's set. The biggest issue is how long it takes to set, every wash just pulls a bit more out of the joint and smears the tile face, I used a new sponge for every wash and followed the instructions very carefully. And my final gripe is its 8 times the price of a cement based grout, now that's just outrageous.
amen.......

I

Italy

I confirm what he said bri.
fugalite is grainy, after last wash, it looks like sand.
(Could this be the reason, the ease in cleaning).
of fillgel bisazza finish, much finer. however, much harder to clean.

Reply to Kerakoll Fugalite Eco :) in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks