Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Kerakoll Fugalite Eco :) in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

M

MTiler

Please checkout the following advertisement.
I work with Epoxy grout a lot and hate the stuff, doesnt help Im sensitive to it but its a pig to clean.
This week I finally got a chance to try out Kerakolls Fugalite Eco epoxy grout, or liquid ceramic as they call it.
Its the Dogs Danglies and stupidly easy to clean with the help of their Fuga Wash, even on mirrored mosaics. No need for emulsifying pads :).
Ive only used their Transparent grout so far (with silver glitter) so hoping their coloured grouts are as easy to clean too.

2016-07-19 16.08.19.jpg 2016-07-19 12.17.05.jpg

OP
W

WetSaw

I saw the video for it on a loop in the merchants I use here. It looked great but I'm a cynical git and I'm always wary of promo videos. Good to hear first hand experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
M

MTiler

What goes on with the https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ with transparent grout? Do you see it? Or a shade of it? Or is enough glitter added to stop you seeing it?

As long as the addy is below the surface of the mosaics/tiles you wont see it. sometimes you can see it if its too high so i just scrape out with a knife as I go along. The glitter wont hide it.

OP
S

Stef

I've always been wary of using epoxy grouts but I'm needing to bite the bullet & burst my cherry on them.
I like the sound of this gear..

OP
W

WetSaw

There's quite a few videos on YouTube. I was a bit sceptical as well when I first saw it. It looks very easy ( too easy for epoxy..) to use. But now you have confirmation from one of your peers ( who is also a Trusted adviser...) I can't see a reason not to try it.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
O

One Day

It's OK. Smells less than usual and nice and soft to use but i found the oily residue very difficult to get off polished porcelain. Easy to clean off mosaics and anything textured though.

OP
M

MTiler

It's OK. Smells less than usual and nice and soft to use but i found the oily residue very difficult to get off polished porcelain. Easy to clean off mosaics and anything textured though.

yeah it does have that oily look to it when applying. Did you use the Fuga Wash in the water when washing off grout, and then the Fuga Soap to wash off any dried residue when the grout had dried? I use two sponges with each tub.

I was working on mirrored mosaics and was amazed it didnt leave any residue after just using the Fuga Wash in the water. I thought it was going to be a nightmare. Ive yet to give it a wash down with the Fuga Soap.

main bathrm grouted2.jpg

OP
O

One Day

yeah it does have that oily look to it when applying. Did you use the Fuga Wash in the water when washing off grout, and then the Fuga Soap to wash off any dried residue when the grout had dried? I use two sponges with each tub.

I was working on mirrored mosaics and was amazed it didnt leave any residue after just using the Fuga Wash in the water. I thought it was going to be a nightmare. Ive yet to give it a wash down with the Fuga Soap.

View attachment 83341
I had fuga wash in my clean up water but no soap. Tried it since but tbh didn't see much improvement. I tend to do my final residue clean up the next day using fila graffitti remover.

OP
M

MTiler

How does it compare to the bisazza fil gel?

Hell of a lot easier to clean and apply. You dont need to use any white pads with Fugalite. Its better than all the epoxy grouts Ive worked with, even the hybrid by Ardex which I didnt like at all.
I was using it last week in the hot weather and it didnt seem to have any effect on it, it stayed the same consistancy through out application. I think the only time it could be a bit of a pain is using it on ceilings, as its quite loose.

I have only used the Transparent, I assume the colours will be just the same.
It can also be used as an https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/.

Simons70

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hell of a lot easier to clean and apply. You dont need to use any white pads with Fugalite. Its better than all the epoxy grouts Ive worked with, even the hybrid by Ardex which I didnt like at all.
I was using it last week in the hot weather and it didnt seem to have any effect on it, it stayed the same consistancy through out application. I think the only time it could be a bit of a pain is using it on ceilings, as its quite loose.

I have only used the Transparent, I assume the colours will be just the same.
It can also be used as an https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/.
Have you try to use the Heat Gun for see if can be easy to replace?

OP
M

MTiler

I had fuga wash in my clean up water but no soap. Tried it since but tbh didn't see much improvement. I tend to do my final residue clean up the next day using fila graffitti remover.

might be worth trying their Fuga-Shock Eco as thats stronger.

Reply to Kerakoll Fugalite Eco :) in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock