Discuss Keeping healthy in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Rick-o

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
I was just wondering what any other people do to try and stay in good condition.. I try and play football twice a week and do 30mins cardio 3 times other than that, most of the time work wont allow this though, and I think 8 hours a day up and down stairs is fine!
What do other people do?

O

One Day

I just work, and try to think about what I eat and drink.
40 yrs old, 13 stone and 5'11" tall.
Resting heart rate about 44bpm.
In better shape than I've ever been.

(still got my hair and teeth too!)

T

Tile Shop

I do eating and drinking marathons. Does that count?

Joking. Don't do much, just a couple hours on a cross trainer a week, depending on mood.

Wouldn't exactly say I'm in shape though. 6'1 and 17 stone. Should be around the 15 mark :(

J

J Sid

taking on 60m2 bathroom on 3rd floor keeps me fit, if that's what fit feels like I'll give it a miss thanks :(

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
At 52 working keeps me fit. I count fruit pastilles as two of my 5 a day
Seriously though, I have a good resting heart rate, low colesterol and spot on blood pressure.
Did I mention the dodgy knees and back?

O

On one

I just work, and try to think about what I eat and drink.
40 yrs old, 13 stone and 5'11" tall.
Resting heart rate about 44bpm.
In better shape than I've ever been.

(still got my hair and teeth too!)
44bpm..........does that mean you're technically dead!

O

On one

Apart from wearing a Fitbit Charge wristband I don't have the time or the inclination to do anything but put my feet up at the end of the day.

D

dave l and l

usually cycle anywhere between 30 and 60 miles on a sunday morning. ans i go out out running twice a week if i can , if i dont have much time during the week will go for one long run, done 10 k last night , made work a bit more of a chore today , i find cycling is best

O

Old Mod

At 5'8" trying to keep up with 6'2" Garythetiler when walking round to Pret for a coffee keeps me fit! Haha
Actually until we moved house 3 years ago I had a purpose gym built at home, which I used 7 days a week. Unfortunately I've not been able to make the time to rebuild it at our new home, so I've not trained since, really bloody miss it too.
I was actually incredibly fit until then, now, not so much. :(

judge

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Try to get down the gym three times a week.half hour cardio, forty mins on the weights and around twenty mins yapping.

Reply to Keeping healthy in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks