Discuss Job Of The Month Comp is BACK!!! WOOOOOOO in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

O

Old Mod

isn't there a date stamp on photo or something as proof of date job was done?
Yeah generally there is mate, but sometimes when it gets posted info is not transferred or the actual date of the upload shows instead.
That's how I understand it.
Dans the one who can give the right answer haha

O

Old Mod

so job done in say march are entered in April, right?
Not exactly mate. Job completed in March should be entered in March and voted for during April. Results as the next one starts.
It'll depend how it's set up to run, manually or automatically.
The last one run for only 28 days of each month, presumably because of February.

F

Flintstone

So what happens if I want to enter my next job which is starting the last week in march and running into April ?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Job needs to be completed by the entry date. So if you grouted it on the 1st April, enter it in April. It keeps the entries fresh. If you know you've got something better coming up towards the end of April, you can always wait, take photos of both jobs, and see which you feel like entering at the end of April, but don't miss the deadline!

Voting starts 1st of each month and ends on the 21st. Which gives people a week or so to soak in that they have won, answer questions about the job etc, and gives them some time to prepare before starting to vote themselves on the next month etc.

To be honest, with the date thing, I was never too keen on the making sure the date is bang on or else you can't enter situation. The fact is, the system wont let you enter more than one entry per month anyway. So as long as it's one job, each month, and done around the time the JOTM is on, I'm more relaxed than some staff about it.

I haven't stipulated in the terms (so far) to include a photo of a newspaper or your watch or whatever showing the date. I'd like to think we can allow as many people to enter as possible and not risk losing an entry just because somebody couldn't get back to the job with a newspaper to take a photo when it had the bath put in etc etc

So that's up for debate perhaps.

F

Flintstone

So, if you enter at the end of the month, and people have already used up all there votes?

Reply to Job Of The Month Comp is BACK!!! WOOOOOOO in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks