1. Schluter and U

Discuss Jerusalem stone sealer/hardener in the Stone Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
Subscribe to our newsletter and get deals and discounts in your inbox. :) Click here to subscribe / unsubscribe.
  1. aussie tiling

aussie tiling Aussie Tiling Professional Tiler

Hi lve got a stone job coming up it the entrance to an office building and lm looking for a durable sealer as there is high traffic if anybody knows of one prefferably not mega smelly cheers

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. JulianSidney

JulianSidney Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler

i use MN Lithofin stain stop but you could ask @Lithofin BOB@Lithofin BOB if the water based one, no smell, would be up to the job

• Like Like x 1
  3. wrighty

wrighty Professional Tiler

I don't think the stainstop w is as durable........could be only a couple of years before it needs reapplying(don't quote me on that though )

• Like Like x 1
  4. JulianSidney

JulianSidney Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler

i agree with that, so the MN. Smell won't last look

5. aussie tiling

Thanks Julian l use that aswell good stuff but l was thinking of hard coating to stop the high heels scratching it

6. 3_fall

3_fall Administrator. Staff Member Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner Top Contributor

It's called porcelain! Haha.

And that would have to be topical sealer to Prevent scratches, which would mean periodic removal and re-applying.

If the client is concerned with the scratches, stone is the wrong choice.
    Should be a stone effect porcelain.

• Like Like x 1
  7. 3_fall

3_fall Administrator. Staff Member Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner Top Contributor

Stone effect 1600 x 1600

IMG_0502.JPG

8. Lithofin BOB

Lithofin BOB Company Support

Topical sealers in commercial entrance/ reception ,would be cautiouse of that. These to can scratch ,traffic quite quickly and require high maintenance as marc .I always use impregnators
    Impregnator ideal although will not protect against the scratches . Stainstop Eco is the water based for limestone and less dense stone, w if for hard dense stone - granites ect . Water based can last almost as long dependant on application and mainly maintenance .
    What type of stone is it?

9. 3_fall

It's a limestone Bob.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Lithofin BOB

Lithofin BOB Company Support

Yer ,just noticed the title !!!:)

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. aussie tiling

I know its wrong choice but we are marrying to existing as they have extended entrance. The existing stone looks like it has a fine resin layer on top thats why lm asking as l think the owners will turn round and say why is it not finished like that

12. jcrtiling

jcrtiling Professional Tiler TTA Member

Maybe you could ask what the cleaners clean it with as they could be putting some sort of topical sealer on it .

• Like Like x 2