Discuss Jackoboard washers won't pull below surface in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

stuey72

Hello all,

Doing a bathroom that is being done out in 12mm Jackoboard as the existing plastered brick wall and paramount boards are nothing short of horrific and wouldn't accept the 600 x 300 x 10 ceramics that are due to be laid.

In an attempt to minimise the loss of size to the room the plaster wall has been channeled back to brickwork and ripped CLS ( now 38mm wide x 20mm deep) has been fixed vertically at 300mm spacings with 7.5mm concrete frame fixings and adhesive between brickwork and timber.

Installation is perfect for plumb but there's no way on earth the galvanised washers will pull below the surface when theres only 20mm of timber thickness.

Is there any screws out there which are a smaller diameter version of the concrete fixing screws as its looking like I'm going to have to drive right through the timber and into the brickwork ???

The bricks are calcil bricks so are nice and soft.

I've just come across some fixings by Dewalt which are a blue galvanised screw called a Tapper-Pro. Any opinions on them?

In hindsight it should have had all the plaster removed and 20mm boards dot & dabbed to the brickwork on that particular wall but it's way too far down the line for that and need a solution for whats already fitted.

Thanks in advance

Stu

S

stuey72

Thanks Dave

The expanding ones with the screw in the middle or the ribbed dowel type that just hammer in?

Reply to Jackoboard washers won't pull below surface in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks