Discuss Isomat visit. in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

O

Old Mod

So earlier today @GaryTheTiler and I paid a visit to @ISOMAT UK adhesive headquarters in Guildford.
We went to meet Marek, their uk distribution director, and to trial a few of their products.
Our first impressions of both the choice of available products and, their quality, were very good indeed.
Whilst their product names may seem a little confusing on first glance, basically the tile adhesives are numbered in the 20's.
instead of using the conventional sand aggregates, Isomat use crushed white marble, giving a textured adhesive similar to Ardex X77, extremely white and fluffy.
All they had available to test with were some ceramics, but fortunately Gary had a piece of silestone measuring approx 300 x 400 X 20mm and weighing 5.4kg.
So this was used as the acid test for grab and coverage.
In fact all of the adhesives tested held the silestone with zero slippage, very impressive, and with using a 6mm trowel and with the stone backed skimmed.
And all were stuck to primed Hardibacker.
We were so impressed with its performance that we've bought all our adhesive, grout and waterproofing materials for our next project, which is 3 bookmatched bathrooms in central London, which starts tomorrow. So over the coming weeks we'll post a review and some images to let you know how we get on with it.
So in short, it's definitely a premium product with a price structure placed below its closest rivals, and all adhesives are package in 25kg bags.
We also tried removing a ceramic tile which was fully cured, it in actual fact it removed some of the Hardibacker with it!

Here are a few images from today.
IMG_6372.JPG IMG_7639.JPG IMG_7641.JPG IMG_7644.JPG IMG_7645.JPG IMG_7647.JPG IMG_7648.JPG IMG_7649.JPG IMG_7650.JPG IMG_7651.JPG IMG_7676.JPG IMG_7668.JPG IMG_7659.JPG IMG_7679.JPG IMG_7681.JPG IMG_7683.JPG IMG_7684.JPG IMG_7685.JPG IMG_7687.JPG IMG_7690.JPG IMG_7692.JPG IMG_7694.JPG IMG_7696.JPG IMG_7701.JPG IMG_7703.JPG

T

Time's Ran Out

Stocked up with all I hopefully need for this trip but I could do without the weight and travelling. Just didn't put the 2 things together in the planning stage.

Reply to Isomat visit. in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
andymtl24
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks