Discuss Is my Rubi TS60 duff? in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

Stepneysteve

Is that what you do Kyle?
The OP is just asking for advice like you yourself have done many times!
Not everyone may get your sense of humour and you could put people off.
Be a bit nicer to newbies ;)
Cheers Lee, but honestly mate I took it as banter, and I love a bit of a wind up meself!!! all the best matey!!

S

Stepneysteve

Evening Gents!! Just an update on my choice of a Sigma over Rubi!!..... Sigma was delivered this morning.... gotta say what a tool it is!! Cut over 20 tiles down to 10 mm slivers for practice purposes only, 10mm porc... cut with ease and not one broken tile!!! Admittedly only practice cuts!! Didn't have a problem seeing marked line for cutting mentioned in several forums, think I'm gonna like this machine!! Sorry for the Rubi devotees but I believe I've been converted! Av a good week fellas!

Ttt1601

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Ordered my first Sig yestersay, should be delivered tomorrow, I always love a new tool but after all the messages and comments I've read on here from you guys I'm actually properly excited to find out what all the fuss has been about

S

Stepneysteve

Ordered my first Sig yestersay, should be delivered tomorrow, I always love a new tool but after all the messages and comments I've read on here from you guys I'm actually properly excited to find out what all the fuss has been about
Eve Tt, let me know how you get on with the sigma, not used mine in anger yet, but can't wait to

Ttt1601

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Haven't had a chance to give it a proper go yet, did have a play round with it, was absolutely amazed and how thin I could cut a rip down to and cut 20 m of skirt with it too. I had my tx 900 out as the Sig got delivered, cutting 10mm porc, different league!!! Had a brand new gold wheel on the Rubi and it didn't even come close to the ease of cut, the neatness of cut or as said the size of sliver cut the Sig did. I will say it did feel a bit awkward using the Sig, but after 14 years of using only Rubi I guess that's expected, doubt it will take long to adjust once I get a full day with it tomorrow. Can't belive I've wasted so many years on Rubi, que the tx 900 and 1200 on eBay this weekend !!!

Reply to Is my Rubi TS60 duff? in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks