Discuss Is Ditra an overkill on concrete with ceramic tiles? in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

bigdave1903

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Hi I'm going out to price a conservatory floor today. Customer wants electric ufh. Floor is concrete. I was going to lay marmox then wires covered in slc. Is ditra overkill or would you use it? Tiles will be either ceramic or porcelain.

S

Stef

Dave do you use CTD up your way??
If you do get the Jackon boards as a lot cheaper than marmox.
It will need to be 10mm boards for sticking to concrete, if any thinner they need fixed with screws & washers.
I wouldn't use Ditra as the thermal boards will give u a bit of decoupling from the base.

bigdave1903

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Dave do you use CTD up your way??
If you do get the Jackon boards as a lot cheaper than marmox.
It will need to be 10mm boards for sticking to concrete, if any thinner they need fixed with screws & washers.
I wouldn't use Ditra as the thermal boards will give u a bit of decoupling from the base.
Perfect cheers. Yeah its ctd I use. They said they only do contract boards and hardi. Never used their contract board before so not sure what it is.

bigdave1903

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Yeah they are m8, good to use, I'm using them more & more over Hardie. Easier to handle & cut & as stated they will decouple slightly from the base.
Nice one. Just been to see it. It's actually a chipboard floor so just going to do the same prep but glue and screw 6mm board.

S

Stef

Ok so its back to the drawing board. I've just spoken to the architect and apparently it is a floating floor. He said the joists are 200mm apart. What are my options?
Is there much movement in it?
Consensous is not to touch them but I have tiled to floaters as they have been quite rigid without problem.

Reply to Is Ditra an overkill on concrete with ceramic tiles? in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks