Discuss Is best to fit the shower screen bracket to the wall or too the tiles in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

mm27760

Hello,

Thanks for looking at my question.

I am fitting a shower screen and I am not sure if I should fit the metal hinge to the shower screen and then finish the tiles to that and then finish the join with sealant. It may be easier tot get a goo fitting to the wall that way.

Or I could tile behind the metal hinge screw holes through the tiles and seal with sealant.

Any comments appreciated

Rich Midge

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Always fit the screen to the finished wall. Remember to seal the bottom edge before fitting the u shaped housing then once installed, seal the outside edge. Hope this helps.

Reply to Is best to fit the shower screen bracket to the wall or too the tiles in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
voltage2688
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks