Discuss Introduction and help please! in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
I just wanted to post a quick introduction. My Husband and I are currently 'upgrading' the bathrooms in our new home as well as finishing the cloakroom. This will involve building a false wall to take a large wall hung basin and recessed mirror along with concealed lighting and complete tiling throughout. We wanted to 'ask the experts' for advice and help in achieving a 'high end' finish for our projects! Our fist dilemma is finding a suitable concealed (in wall) metal frame for a 90cm wide, solid surface wall hung washbasin that is to be installed in the cloakroom. Can anyone help please? With many thanks - Glenda

Last edited:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
And the electrician's lol

Welcome aboard :)

What's the weight of the basin?

O

Old Mod

Hi and welcome to the forum Glenda.
A competent joiner should be able to manage a heavy enough timber frame for that.
It'll be cantilevered so the strength will only need to be in the two cross members, top and bottom of the sink unit.
Couple of anchor bolts coming out of the wall through the frame will hold it fast.
And if there's a solid wall beyond your false wall, you can chemfix the studs straight in to that.

Reaction score
This is the link to the basin:
Lusso Stone Aura Solid Surface Stone Resin Wall Hung Counter Top Basin 900 | Stone Resin Basins - https://www.lussostone.com/stone-resin-basins-c2/lusso-stone-aura-solid-surface-stone-resin-wall-hung-counter-top-basin-900-p161

My husband and I are planning on carrying out the work (apart from the electrics). Neither of us are 'in the trade' so to speak, my Husband works for a firm of architects and I am a former fashion designer. However we are keen DIY-ers and have retiled previous bathrooms including installing under tile heating and basic plumbing work. My Husband has also carried out joinery projects of various sorts, including cabinetry work for a bespoke kitchen. We want to achieve a high end finish, something along the lines of a Berkeley Group development!!! So hopefully with your expert advice it may work!

I'll post in the plumbers forum, thanks for the tip.

Reaction score
Lovely basin.

Architects: a pain to work for so I don't envy you :p

@3_fall sounds like he's on it with that one.
We're both perfectionists too so lets just say we have terrible clients!!!! The basin is stunning in person and we're planning on the Crosswater Wall Mixer tap in the design named Silk Silk basin 2 hole set - https://www.crosswater.co.uk/product/taps-tap-collections-silk/silk-basin-2-hole-set-si121wnc/ to go with. We have already upgraded one of the bathrooms to the mono tap and bath mixer set in this range and they're so gorgeous!!! The engineering is a joy and stays 'showroom shiny' with very little effort.

Reaction score
Can't wait for the finished shots!
The tiles were are considering are a little daunting as they're £80 m2 (ouch) (Sands Ivory | - http://www.edimax.it/collections/sands-2/sands-ivory/?lang=en) and that's why we need all the help we can get. More tech' questions on those later!!! I spend my lunch hour watching youtube how to's!!! It's been a nightmare deciding as I have a few favourite inspiration boards :blush:: THE PAPER MULBERRY . (papermulberry) - https://uk.pinterest.com/papermulberry/

Last edited:

Reply to Introduction and help please! in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks