Discuss Internal cornor advice in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

C

Crumbs

Hi, another newbie question. I am tiling a bathroom. On internal cornors, it was my understanding that you leave a gap where tile meets the wall by the same amount as your grout lines (3mm in my case). Then the same on the wall next to it then silcone.

Tho when i dry fit them, its impossible for me to leave a 3mm gap on the adjacent wall because the back wall tile is in the way. The adjacent tile sits out past the end of the main wall tile as its 10 mm deep. Do we do 3mm gap away from the opposing tile i presume then? Or should i be cutting the tile back more. Apologies for the basic question thanks a lot :D

D

Dumbo

Not quite sure what you're saying but getting general drift . Measure first tile to wall leaving gap then second tile to the first tile .

Reply to Internal cornor advice in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks