Discuss Industrial tiling in the UK in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Pat

TF
Reaction score
Hi new on tilerforums and was just wondering is there anyone on here that works at industrial tiling, more so the older way of semi solid sand and cement bed with slurry instead of the adhesives and epoxys. Manly work like with the hoganas 1050 tiles. Is there still company's that work in this line of work in the Uk ?

K

Kevbos

Lol your find most on here only like new methods of tiling .if it's not stuck on cement board your rubbish .I'm all for the old methods though .sand and cement is best

B

Blunt Tool

Yes still do sand, cement and slurry method. Still use building paper, quarry tiles, coving with cork expansion. Grout with Portland cement slurry, driers, wet sawdust and dry sawdust with rags! Do like to keep my hand in!

K

Kevbos

Tell me harder backer way forward now .you know sand and cement is best just can't be costed for now

B

Blunt Tool

Tell me harder backer way forward now .you know sand and cement is best just can't be costed for now
Thing is that materials used have to get lighter as new kit houses would never take weight of old ways

K

Kevbos

Exactly my point on here always .we don't do best methods just a cost saving alternative that most bought into

K

Kevbos

I've tried chopping tiles of new and old houses .old ones tiles are hard new ones walls fall to pieces

Reply to Industrial tiling in the UK in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks