Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss I'm selling a reason to sell on the forum in the For-sale and Wanted area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

I

Ian

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Just thinking about free stuff. Remember that guy who used to register and get everything for free and then we would see them on eBay the next week?!? Grrrr. Took a few times banning him before he packed it in! Think he had @Bri off with a cutter once was it?
Yeah, he claimed poverty and then got stuff for free to resell, I'm sure he had the nerve to put the cutter up for sale on the forum!

OP
Dan

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, he claimed poverty and then got stuff for free to resell, I'm sure he had the nerve to put the cutter up for sale on the forum!
That's the one!!! Cheeky git I think he did under another account didn't he?!

OP
Dan

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I like the winter help the aged with heating bills idea and the homeless ones too.
And the smaller mental health charities.
Too many of the big boys appear to spend waaaaay too much on running it rather than distributing it! Which is so sad.
To be honest I'm not sure it'd be too much right from the start if we even did 2 months each so maybe we just do the OAPs, mental health and homeless related and do them like 3 or 4 months each instead?

We need some actual names for the other ones so I can start digging out email addresses and get in touch with them etc to start the ball rolling.

It's via PayPal so I need them registered as a charity there. If they aren't already the money doesn't go to them so I want to make sure they are or help them register so it's all above board and automatically done and nothing to do with us back end wise.

T

Time's Ran Out

You promoted my wife's Macmillan coffee morning last year for us and it was appreciated .
September is their month for promotion and cancer touches everyone!
This thread is what a community and this forum is about - helping.
A great idea.

O

Old Mod

I woke up this moring to a my 3 year old smacking me in the head a foot long fire truck .... not a pleasant way to wake up
He was obviously doing his little bit for charity and showing you that if he ever has to call childline, you'll deeply regret it! :p

Q

Qwerty

There are so many charities we could support...... MS Society, Cancer charities etc etc.
I think itsva great idea and looking forward to contributing

OP
Dan

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
There are so many charities we could support...... MS Society, Cancer charities etc etc.
I think itsva great idea and looking forward to contributing
If there's a specific charity you know of let me know the name and I'll dig out their PayPal reg number or whatever i need.

OP
Dan

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you saying if we want to sell something a % goes to a charity? Why? If you want to give to charity just give to charity.
The seller sets the % and the buyers cash is used. Saves the seller needing to do much extra if they're already digging something out the shed and posting it.

And the members get to periodically choose the charities so we kinda do it like a group all campaigning to a cause.

Why do people do coffee mornings and sponsored runs when people can just give anyway?

It's more to do with the campaigning. :D

Ttt1601

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
i dont really see how, its optional wether you want to donate anything, its just an option IF you want too, i think its a great idea has give me the incentive to clear up the lock up and find all the stuff thats been sat unused for a year or 2, i can flog on because i dont use it, keep some of money and donate some to charity, i probably wouldnt do it other wise id just let it sit in the lockup for who knows how long, everybody wins in my eyes, it depends on opinion i guess

OP
Dan

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Thats completely different.
I'd disagree. It's simply a campaign where somebody gets a few people together to donate at the same time.

That's basically what we are doing.

Reply to I'm selling a reason to sell on the forum in the For-sale and Wanted area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock