Discuss Hufa tile cutter - german in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
hi lads,

I was wondering g what you guys use for cutting tiles?
Obviously, I am not a tiler but interested in other trades. As I have done a lot of bathrooms back in germany I was thinking to say that the
Hufa tile cutter is extremely good.

Does anyone of you qualified filers know about this brand? What do you guys think about it?

Kind regards

Ron

L

LJD

Hufa. Kaufmann , Sigma, .......is there really that much difference between different high end cutters ?

N

NZ_Tiler

Hufa. Kaufmann , Sigma, .......is there really that much difference between different high end cutters ?

A kaufmann would make a great anchor for your boat. Never heard of a Hufa. How easy is it to find spare parts?

Reaction score
I guess what it is, it's just the names anyhow. English prefer rubi and Europeans sigma that's what the local stores tell me.

However, the principle of cutting the tiles is ultimately the same.
A bit pricy for the high end cutters but that's always like this.

Clinker for example does exactly the same as rubi or sigma and doesn't cost as much. A mate of mine has bought recently a clinker cutter and had before rubi and he said there is no difference. But perhaps other tilers would say there is, so I am not a professional tiler myself but have used different kind of machines.

L

LJD

True ! The Kaufmann is heavy ... but using a sample of the tiles I need to cut . I was very happy with the result .it gets its first real “work” late n cut week .

I

Italy

British prefer rubi?
European, sigma? ( What is the difference between European and British ?, I do not understand)
Maybe 15 years ago ....
I would put sigma and montolit, now on the same level.
Rubi, I would only save the last TZ model, but I have to try it.
All the rest, I would leave it to apprentices.
Then, just read all the trends in the forum to understand.

Reply to Hufa tile cutter - german in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks