Discuss How To Get Started? in the Tiling Courses - Tile Workshops area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

Jaclyn Fiddyment

any advice how to get started? I've emailed 15 tilers in my local area and offered free help to get experience but no luck with responses...any suggestions of what to do next? Thanks

O

Old Mod

They probably think you're winding them up haha
Why not have a scout round your local area for a large building sites and firstly speak to the site office explaning why you're there and see if they will introduce you to either the Tilers or the tiling contractor in question.
I can't see any bona fide contractor turning down free help!

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
That's the trouble. You just emailed them!
I get a formatted letter from apprentices from our local college, at least once a month. They are all the same, with the name inserted. I pop them in the bin. Same with formatted emails.
Firstly, if you contact any business. Do your reaserch , most people research a new tv more than the company they are looking to work for.
Once you have found out some info. Quite simply ring up! If you get no reply, go and see them at work or home, (smartly dressed and hide the phone) .
Offer to work for free for a week.
All this will impress and show your interested.

Reply to How To Get Started? in the Tiling Courses - Tile Workshops area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks