Discuss How to cut circle hole in middle of tile??? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

A

Aztectiler

Always use a diamond bit for a hole of this size as you will nearly always break the tile with a normal drill bit if the hole you require is 30mm. These can be obrained from 365 drills and they also stock a plethora of other usefuk equipment. Check out there site I guarantee it will be worth it.

K

kmstiling

If you want a perfect finish then there is only one way to do it and thats with a diamond drill bit. Shop around and you will find one really cheap if its a one off

R

redlee

I had the same to do 30mm for shower pipes,with the grinder take a small portion out from the front and the rest from the back of the tile,your square will find the exact centres from both sides

Thats how i'd normally do it as well.

D

Deleted member 1779

Its easier to cut a perfect 30mm circle into the tile with a diamond tile drill

br3a.jpg

Guaranteed not to break tiles because they grind porcelain rather than drill.

br4a.jpg

Also the resulting hole sizes are stronger. This is because they are barrel shaped. With an angle grinder you get a cone shape. A cone shape is prone to chipping when the fittings are pushed through.

12a.jpg

A solid barrel makes for a stronger hole compared to a cone. Cones are formed when angle grinders take material from the back of the tile.

In expensive porcelain tiles which can cost from £80psm it is better not to break tiles or risk imperfections during installation. A modest investment of £49.99 will ensure you have the 30mm socket PLUS you will have all the other sizes you need. These sizes will come later when you want fixtures and fittings.

tile_drill18.jpg

At £49.99 the kit is value for money... And at a later stage you will want the smaller size 6mm and 8mm anyway for your fixtures and fittings.

kit2.jpg

30mm socket included !

Reply to How to cut circle hole in middle of tile??? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks