Discuss How cut marble mosaic squares without crumbling? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

Spud

There is an easy way to cut these without breaking them you need to clamp another tile over the mosaic along the cut line they are breaking due to vibration so once another piece is holding them firm they will cut easier use a rail wet saw or a grinder with a sponge held at the back seat of the blade same as you might use a piece of wood over a sheet of glass mosaic when cutting with the grinder

M

MTiler

variable speed grinder may help. Dont try to cut them in one go, go over them a few times, not pressing down hard, using the weight of the grinder.

T

Terry the tiler

I done a bathroom with these exact same tiles before Xmas, used my Dewalt d24000 went through them cleanly.

T

Terry the tiler

Screenshot_20170416-225906.png

Reply to How cut marble mosaic squares without crumbling? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks