Discuss How can I Repair a Cracked Ceramic Floor Tile in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a cracked ceramic floor tile (discontinued and no spares to replace) which because the underneath was no solid and a chair leg was put on it caused a large star-type crack across it in all directions. As a temporary fix, until I can find some, I thought I could pour some thin fluid adhesive in all the cracks to just stabilize it to stop the shards lifting up when you tread on it.
Could anybody please advise the best adhesive, which wouldn't leave stains on the tile,to do this
Best Regards,
ppeetteerr

O

Old Mod

You could try mixing some powdered tile adhesive with sbr liquid and completely soak the top of the tile and see if any would seep in.
Need to mix it a bit thinner than maybe pancake batter or fish batter, that kind of consistency. If it goes in, it'll give you a temp fix.
I'd put a barrier of sand or something around the tile so that you could create a little dam around it and fill it with the mix. It will clean off as long as you don't let it dry on top, or you'll have a very difficult time removing the residue. Just give it a few minutes. If it's going to go in, it shouldn't take very long.

M

Matt Bott

Try a plastic man / magic man in your area they will dremel the cracks out then filler them and spray the tile. should be able to hide it.

magicman.co.uk

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to How can I Repair a Cracked Ceramic Floor Tile in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks