Discuss How can I border this ? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

schakal

I made a mess with my bathroom tiles a while back and I want to put them right.
Photos tell it all pretty much. What are my options on making a border here that will not look bodged and out of place ?

I have enough extra tiles to continue to the right end of the wall but that wont achieve anything. I really want a solution inline with the glass screen bracket.

any opinions much appreciated

IMG_5495.JPG
IMG_5496.JPG

W

WetSaw

It's a bit difficult to see from the pictures but it looks like you've sponged the grout off too soon and taken too much from the joint. As for the edge, possibly a small aluminium angle siliconed over ?

B

Blunt Tool

I made a mess with my bathroom tiles a while back and I want to put them right.
Photos tell it all pretty much. What are my options on making a border here that will not look bodged and out of place ?

I have enough extra tiles to continue to the right end of the wall but that wont achieve anything. I really want a solution inline with the glass screen bracket.

any opinions much appreciated

View attachment 88801 View attachment 88802
Hi welcome to the forum :) I would suggest taking off the shower screen bracket (it should be fixed to the tiles with screws and silicone) then if it's an easy fix you are after, install a line of same tiles but on the vertical, one vertical will line up with two horizontals and install a white plastic or chrome trim to give a finish edge. Hope that makes sense!

smokie899

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Don't see why you can't unscrew and move the frame over.
Doesn't look that big of a gap. There's usually around 10mm play for a profile. Then nice bead of silicone to finish up the inside.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd also go over it with more grout perhaps. Make those joints look neater.

Then just move the thingy-me-bob over, or use a metal tile trim perhaps. www.******************* have loads of options for that kinda thing.

S

schakal

Don't see why you can't unscrew and move the frame over.
Doesn't look that big of a gap. There's usually around 10mm play for a profile. Then nice bead of silicone to finish up the inside.

i cant move the glass screen unfortunately :(

IMG_5506.JPG

Reaction score
i cant move the glass screen unfortunately :(

Could you post a photo of the internal corner of that bath/shower area, i tiling soon with those same beveled metros, and just wana see how it looks. Did u mitre cut the tiles or just straight cut them? Cheers

W

WetSaw

No disrespect to schakal but that's probably not the best metro tiling to take as an example!

GAZ5518

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
L:eek::eek:ks like you have cut the bevel off the whole tile , in which case remove all door and profile, take out the cut tiles and replace with whole tile followed by half tile respectively....
..Happy Days...

Reply to How can I border this ? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks