Discuss How Best To Insulate On Floor Boards in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

Deleted member 46379

Hi, my first post on here

Just starting new project in lounge and hallway, approx 40m area, to install Electric UFH. Plan is to have marble tiles.

I just need help with the different options available on how to best insulate the floor underneath as it just floorboards on joists with a cellar underneath it.

The builder has suggested replacing the floorboards with insulating boards but I'm not too keen on losing my long-lasting solid floorboards that have been in the house for decades. So to keep my floorboards what can I do? Can you also plz recommend which brands of UFH and insulation to get?

Thanks.

Reaction score
How about thermonets uncoated insulation boards (thermoboards) and their vario pro UFH system.
The Vario pro will uncouple the marble too which will be a bonus.

S

Stef

Thermal boards glued & screwed to your subfloor (floorboards)
Your maximum size of a heat mat will be 10m2 so you would need 4 mats unless you went to a loose wire system.
Would need to encase that into a self level screed & then tile.

F

Flintstone

Cement coated insulation boards stuck down with tile adhesive and screwed.
Why a 10m limit on Ufh wire size ? I've layed kits as big as 19m in a single roll/kit

S

Stef

Cement coated insulation boards stuck down with tile adhesive and screwed.
Why a 10m limit on Ufh wire size ? I've layed kits as big as 19m in a single roll/kit
I've never seen a heat mat bigger than 10m2, that's a new one on me..

J

Just Rizzle

try schulter ufh system .
as wood is a natural insulator the schluter system lay on top and tile .will keep your height down to a minimum

Reply to How Best To Insulate On Floor Boards in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
andymtl24
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks