Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

1. laugh TilersForums.co.uk Tiling Job Of The Month Competition! laugh

Vote on June competition by clicking HERE (click the thumbs up on the job you want to win!

Enter in July competition by clicking HERE (click 'add your JOTM entry' and then 'add media')

Discuss Hi everyone new here in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
  1. Greg Marshall

Greg Marshall Active Member

Hi just joined site looks a gold mine of info. New to tiling but always been hands on trade wise. Looking at escaping the everyday crap at work and going self employed. 13 day course booked and looking to eventually get myself an NVQ so fully covered. Just a lot of ground to cover first.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bond

Bond Active Member

Welcome to the forum Greg, yes indeed a wealth of information.
    All the best with your forthcoming endeavours.

3. Adey1980

Adey1980 Professional Tiler

Welcome to the forum, where are you doing your course?

4. 3_fall

3_fall Administrator. Staff Member Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner Top Contributor

Hi and welcome to the forum Greg.

5. timeless john

timeless john Trusted Advisor Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner Top Contributor

Welcome and enjoy.

6. Dan

Dan TilersForums.co.uk Est.2006 Staff Member NOT a Tiler

Welcome aboard. Take lots of notes on the course and ask lots of questions.

I'd perhaps concentrate on getting experience over NVQ afterwards but perhaps worth it if you're looking to stick around long term.

7. LEE MAC

LEE MAC Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner Top Contributor

Hello and welcome Greg

8. Greg Marshall

Greg Marshall Active Member

Thanks for the warm welcome. Yes as in any trade nothing beats experience. This will be paramount but as I know to well qualifications open doors too. I'm starting at uk pro tiling in the morning on the advanced course. I'm currently stuck in a dead end job at Tesco. I'll keep this job running as long as possible as I work twilight 5-12.

But I'm in tiling for the long haul, the sooner I can gain a good customer base and steady away work I will pull out of Tesco.

All I ever wanted was a trade but unfortunately There were very very few apprenticeships going when I finished school and in the middle of the building boom very few tradesman were willing to slow down there work to teach. Yet a couple years after I finished education apprenticeships were dished out on a plate and people often had placements arranged for them before they had even finished secondary school.

Anyway this is my chance and I must grab it with both hands.
    All the best

• Like Like x 1
  9. Plan Tec Tiling

Plan Tec Tiling Administrator Staff Member Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner Top Contributor

Welcome

10. Lou

Lou Admin Staff Member Top Contributor NOT a Tiler

Welcome I hope you get sorted out! It seems everyone is giving out apprenticeships these days!

11. antonio

antonio Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner Top Contributor

welcome to tf

12. bsc ceramics

bsc ceramics Brent Professional Tiler

hello, good evening and welcome. good luck in all you tile...