Discuss help with bathroom layout in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

A

ashhorner

Hi,

I'm refitting family bathroom, I have taken out all the old plasterboard and fitted marmox boards. I'm now at the stage where I need to plan how the tiles will be laid out.

The tiles are 600mm X 300mm and will be laid landscape (600mm horizontal). I hope I have managed to attach a picture of the wall I need help on.

Essentially, the wall protrudes 200mm into the bathroom as the waste piped run behind it, this protruding section is 1100mm wide.

After that the wall is 1050mm wide with window

I need advice as to how to tile both of these sections. I have questions about each section individually:

1. protruding section (1100mm wide)
Do I use one 600mm tile and one 500mm wide tile, if so which should go next to the wall?
Alternatively, should I use 250mm + 600mm + 250mm, running from left to right?

2. wall with window
How do I lay out the section beneath the window? 600mm + 405mm, and if so which one where?
Alternatively, as there will be part cut tiles either side of the window, do I line the wall beneath the window up to the width of these tiles? Window is 570mm wide

Thanks in advance,

Ashley

20170301_082911.jpg

F

Flintstone

Hello, it is what ever you would like to see really as it's your bathroom and if it looks right to you that's what counts.
Personally, the 1100 pertruded section I would centralise so two cuts of 550.

The wall with the window in, how does it work with a tile joint in the centre of the window? Looks like it might be approx a full tile to the right hand wall ?

A

ashhorner

550mm X2 is so obvious now that you've said it - thanks!

the width to the right is 330mm, so not wide enough for a full tile.

no tiles on the floor, just vinyl for ease

F

Flintstone

So if you centralise the window you will have a 15mm gap on the right hand side of the wall, can't you make that work? By the time you have tiles on the wall we can't see on the right..

Reply to help with bathroom layout in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
voltage2688
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks