Make life easy, search the forum.

I'm Looking For This Tile Help finding similar tile - UK Tiling Forum

Discuss Help finding similar tile in the Discontinued Tile Finding | List Spare Tiles area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Need to replace some bathroom wall tiles 200 x 250.
Having a hard time finding a similar tile. Doesn't have to be an exact match.

Anyone have any suggestions? I've exhausted all the options in Coventry.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I doubt you're going to find it easy to find those to be honest. You could try taking a picture into a Topps Tiles store. They used to do a tile-finding services. But it'd be a case of them needing to know the name for them to enter it into their systems. They sometimes have the odd tile a few years old in their stores somewhere across the country and can bring it up by name. But I'm not sure 11+ years they'd even have the same staff in the store now that they had when that tile was on the market. Worth a chance though perhaps.

40+ is a fair area. Can you perhaps section it off and use another contrasting tile and make it look like it was meant to be like that? Do you have a picture of the full area that has the damaged or missing ones? We can perhaps come up with some ideas for you...?

OP
K
Reaction score
This is a photo of the area I need to patch up. I had a new window put in so I need to patch it up somehow.
40 tiles is a overestimate. I found some similar tiles but they're 200 x 200. The original tiles are 200 x 250. I don't know whether the 200 x 200 will be sufficient.

IMG_20170208_221955.jpg

Reaction score
Could you possibly strip them off as a column ceiling to floor and replace with a 200x250 white... giving a "band" effect (as a bigger chunk it will make it into a feature instead of a bodge block).

Reaction score
My existing tiles are actually 195 x 243 when I measure them myself. Would these be typically sold as 200 x 250?

Generally yes. Batches can vary but that is a fair difference. What size grout joints are In the original tiles? You may be able to pinch a mm or two back if they are big joints and space the new ones closer together?

Reply to Help finding similar tile in the Discontinued Tile Finding | List Spare Tiles area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
BIG_AL
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock