Discuss Hello from 1st time DIY tiler in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

E

emikomary

Just saying hello,

I joined so I could pick your brains because I am about to tile my bathroom. Never tiled anything in my life, so here goes!

Am doing white metro tiles with grey grout around three sides of the bath and behind basin.

Just a quick question - should I put up coving first and then tile up to it, or put coving on afterwards, over the tiles? The rest of the room is to be papered/painted and if I do it after tiling, there will be a difference in wall levels which I'm not sure how to remedy.

Emiko :)

O

Old Mod

Hi and welcome to the forum Emiko.
If you are tiling a whole wall end to end you can cove after. If the tiling stops half way down the wall, like to just one side of a door or window, you will have to cove first.

E

emikomary

Thanks for the reply 3_fall. I think I'll have to cove first then because the wall at each end of the bath will be tiled only for the width of the bath, and then painted the rest of the way. Only the long side of the bath is tiled from end to end.

Reply to Hello from 1st time DIY tiler in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
alangk85
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks