Discuss Half size trowel.... in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

F

Flintstone

I can't remember where. Maybe instagram but I've seen someone using a half length trowel, about 6 inch long, ideal for splash backs, for those of us that aren't too important to tile them.
Anyone know where to get them?

F

Flintstone

Yes I did think about that, I don't have a spare 6 / 8mm tho at present! What half size have you got ?

O

One Day

I can't remember where. Maybe instagram but I've seen someone using a half length trowel, about 6 inch long, ideal for splash backs, for those of us that aren't too important to tile them.
Anyone know where to get them?

Eh? Please explain?!

O

One Day

I love splashbacks but never get to tile any :(
I had one last year and probably one the year before...

Splashbacks and small bathroom floors - they were always the best earners.

As for dinky trowels, I know many tile shops have them labelled as margin trowels.

F

Flintstone

I do probably one splashback per month, I don't mind them. The margin trowels have the handle going the other way more like a bucket trowel with notches ?

B

Blunt Tool

I'm a tiler wether it is small, large, walls, floors, bathrooms, kitchens, conservatory, sun lounge, inside, outside, large format, mosaics, ceramic, porcelain, natural stone ..........whatever, that is my profession and how I pay my bills and keep a roof over my family's head.

T

Time's Ran Out

I think it was oldtimer John who said, he leaves splashbacks to diyers and beginners

If you are referencing me - @ timeless john - then I may well have said exactly that.
Most customers don't want to pay full day wages for small meterage projects and so it is a market that attracts those new to our trade who can gain experience without the risk of undertaking areas beyond their capabilities.
It does however makes me ask the question why do 'professional' Tilers turn out such poor quality tiling, grouting and mitring of trim, when they do this work. Are they rushing it or conning the customer with their title?

Reply to Half size trowel.... in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks